I was thinking of finally getting my first effect pedal.
I'd really like to get some nice distortion sound and looked up Digitech's Death Metal pedal.
Anyone got experience with it? How would you describe it, any good?
No. no, no, no, no, no and no again. first off, it's a horrid sounding pedal. the gain is set to max, you can't change the amount. you're stick on "angry bee".

get something like the Hardwire metal distortion. hell, even a nicely modded Boss distortion would do nicely.

avoid the Death Metal like a wh*re with herpes.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Shadeth
I was thinking of finally getting my first effect pedal.
I'd really like to get some nice distortion sound and looked up Digitech's Death Metal pedal.
Anyone got experience with it? How would you describe it, any good?

- owned it
- fart trapped in a can on a hot summer day
- reread above statement

I'd stay well away from that thing.

Something better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04mLFHn22LA

If you have a tube amp with a rock channel though, an OD would be best.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 27, 2009,
It is utter crap i brought it and thought wow Metalz, it was more like a fuzz pedal and the tone is crap.
Legend.
Quote by Jhachey22
No. no, no, no, no, no and no again. first off, it's a horrid sounding pedal. the gain is set to max, you can't change the amount. you're stick on "angry bee".

get something like the Hardwire metal distortion. hell, even a nicely modded Boss distortion would do nicely.

avoid the Death Metal like a wh*re with herpes.

+1 for the Hardwire, best distortion pedal ive ever used.
The older DOD version is definantly better. It isn't a versatile pedal, at all, but it can be useful in some situations (Cok and Ball Torture anyone?)
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Honestly its not as bad as these guys are making it out to be. As jhachey said, its like the gain knob was turned all the way to 10 and ripped off and you can't adjust it - so if you don't need uber amounts of gain then avoid it.

I will admit that it is a bit thin and harsh but with proper EQing it is possible to get a decent tone out of the pedal.

With that said, there are better pedals on the market (i.e. EHX Metal Muff or the DigiTech Hardwire Metal distortion).

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
The older DOD version is definantly better. It isn't a versatile pedal, at all, but it can be useful in some situations (Cok and Ball Torture anyone?)

On the contrary - I find the old DODs sound a lot worse that the DigiTech model. DOD pedals are great for recording but outside of that they are horrible.
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by i_am_metalhead
On the contrary - I find the old DODs sound a lot worse that the DigiTech model. DOD pedals are great for recording but outside of that they are horrible.
Really? I never played them side-by-side, but I used the DOD for a black metal project in high school, with decent results (we where evil as f***). Granted my taste may have changed in the 2 years between trying the DOD and the Digitech.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."