Hello guys ive been searching for a guitar but i didnt want floyd rose that much. I couldnt find any hardtail guitars that I like so i had an idea to block the floyd rose. Anyway I found that the tremol-no is in fact a cheap gear for what it offers to me so i thought about buying a guitar with a floyd rose then block it with the tremolo for doing tunings like D or C standart then I could easily go back to E standart and maybe still use my floyd rose. This is what i want to do but is the tremol-no reliable? Will it do what it should do? Can i use it for a long time without breaking? If you have experience please help me because i need to buy a guitar fast.
Well i want to buy something like ltd or jackson. i play metal and i have a pod xt. my budget is 900 dollars. I just need to know about the tremol-no but you can still advice me a guitar =)
my other guitarist has one for his razorback...

i dont know what he thinks of it, hes not a gear head like the people on UG, but to clear it up....

the trem is set for E flat. we will have a set with say, some E flat songs. a drop D flat song or two, and some drop C songs. he will use the razorback fully trem'd up. then lean his guitar forward, tighten the knob on the tremelno, undo the locking nut and drop D without a problem. he has also taken it down to drop C and drop B once or twice and it works fine... but its not advised. the tremelno seems like it would handle what you want but dont take my word for it, its not like they built it thinking that someone is gonna be using a guitar with a floating trem with 9.s to go down to standard C.. more drop D'ing and whole/half step down.

hope ive helped
Tremol-no's are great. I have one in my guitar and works exactly as it's advertised, without any complications. I've had it for a year without any problems. I would definitely get one if I were you.
Best Solution to your question is to get a string thru telecaster or they are a little bit harder to find... but you can fins a vintage Squire string thru body. It's routed for a single humbucker and 1 contol knob. Heavy as hell. and killer tone. Then for even a real low budget you can find a neck that fits your body. Make sure it's a 1 and 3/16ths heel, 21 or 22 fret neck, 25 and 1/2 inch scale. jumbo frets for the most comfort. Easy to find on ebay.
I have tremol-no fitted to my ibanez RG, It works pretty nicely, mainly use it for switching to drop D from standard which it does no problem. I then use the drop tune setting on my whammy pedal to go into drop C. I've gone down to drop B with my tremol-no without any worries. if you knock the whammy bar while its locked you can knock it out of tune. but its a great little gizmo.
Quote by D1Luthier
Best Solution to your question is to get a string thru telecaster or they are a little bit harder to find... but you can fins a vintage Squire string thru body. It's routed for a single humbucker and 1 contol knob. Heavy as hell. and killer tone. Then for even a real low budget you can find a neck that fits your body. Make sure it's a 1 and 3/16ths heel, 21 or 22 fret neck, 25 and 1/2 inch scale. jumbo frets for the most comfort. Easy to find on ebay.

Does this have anything to do with the thread?
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Thanks a lot everyone that was helpful. You can still write more of your experience with the tremol-no.
Quote by salsawords
Does this have anything to do with the thread?

Yes? He wanted a guitar with NO floyd. Right? So Some people May have to resort to Procuration of parts rather than purchase of gear to get what he wants.

IE Eddie's Franfenstrat was bought at the Boogie bodies plant in Cali for about 190 bucks...and now it's worth 17000?
^No, he wants a guitar WITH a floyd, but to be able to "turn it off" when he needs to.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.