so i just bought the Whammy Pedal and i did exactly what the instructions say and its not working ?
the input of the pedal is connected to the guitar ..
the amp input is connected to the "Wet Added " output in the whammy pedal
and it gives me this weird "noise" and when i play anything on the guitar its like the guitar is not even connected to the amp !
but when i connect the amp to the pedal via the "dry" output it plays clean and as expected from this channel.. when i rock the pedal it doesn't work ?

so can you guys help me ????

i'm using a Roland Cube 20X and a Strat
Is the rotary knob set to Octave Up? You may have it at an odd setting.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^^^

i tried it with every effect ... it's not working :S
it just gives me this "noise".. something similar to the noise you get when u turn on an amp and unplug the cable from the guitar
Quote by Muse_XX
^^^

i tried it with every effect ... it's not working :S
it just gives me this "noise".. something similar to the noise you get when u turn on an amp and unplug the cable from the guitar

are you using it with it's own adapter, or are you powering it off of a daisy chain? i find the WH4 workd best when it has a 9V adapter, preferably the one that comes with it, for itself.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
are you using it with it's own adapter, or are you powering it off of a daisy chain? i find the WH4 workd best when it has a 9V adapter, preferably the one that comes with it, for itself.

The WH-4 uses a strange adapter, not a standard 9v. They run at 18v iirc..
Quote by Jhachey22

i use it with another adapter .. i accidentally ****ed up the original one :S
and the replaced one is 9V. but i think its "quality" is not as good as the original one.
Quote by dandadog
The WH-4 uses a strange adapter, not a standard 9v. They run at 18v iirc..

no, it's a 9V. but the manual recommends only using the supplied adapter.
Quote by Muse_XX
and the replaced one is 9V. but i think its "quality" is not as good as the original one.

then you should go get a new whammy adapter and see if that fixes the problem.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by Muse_XX

Get the original adapter, it's pretty much the only adapter that you can use with the Whammy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Jhachey22
no, it's a 9V. but the manual recommends only using the supplied adapter.

then you should go get a new whammy adapter and see if that fixes the problem.

do u have any other suggestions ?
cuz i don't live in the US or Britain and it would take about two weeks for the adapter to arrive to me :S
thnx
Quote by Raijouta
Get the original adapter, it's pretty much the only adapter that you can use with the Whammy.

are u sure that the problem is with the adapter ?
cuz i'd have to wait for two more weeks to get it :S
and its really annoying to see the whammy pedal just sitting there without any use :S :S
Yes.

My Whammy stopped working (original adapter died) and I tried to use different adapters with it, none of which worked.

I ended up having to order the DigiTech adapter used for the Whammy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I had this problem with my whammy before I bought it. (the store fixed it and I bought it later) Your pedal needs to be 'recalibrated'. What you do is hold the on button when plugging it in and it puts it in setup mode, with one mode light blinking. Here you 'calibrate' the treadle, by rocking it back and forth twice and pressing the footswitch again. (the pedal reads where you start and end the rocking as the beginning and end of the effect)

If your using the adapter that should have come with your pedal (if you bought it new) then that shouldn't be the problem. If in doubt get an exchange or refund.

EDIT: If my explanation is confusing, consult your instruction manual. Its in there.
Last edited by Quinlan at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by Raijouta
Yes.

My Whammy stopped working (original adapter died) and I tried to use different adapters with it, none of which worked.

I ended up having to order the DigiTech adapter used for the Whammy.

ok where can i order a new official adapter for the whammy ??
Quote by Quinlan
I had this problem with my whammy before I bought it. (the store fixed it and I bought it later) Your pedal needs to be 'recalibrated'. What you do is hold the on button when plugging it in and it puts it in setup mode, with one mode light blinking. Here you 'calibrate' the treadle, by rocking it back and forth twice and pressing the footswitch again. (the pedal reads where you start and end the rocking as the beginning and end of the effect)

If your using the adapter that should have come with your pedal (if you bought it new) then that shouldn't be the problem. If in doubt get an exchange or refund.

EDIT: If my explanation is confusing, consult your instruction manual. Its in there.

yeah i already tried that ..
didn't work unfortunately
but i'll try it again
thnx for the help
Quote by Muse_XX
ok where can i order a new official adapter for the whammy ??

online. Ebay, musicians friend, or any other online retailer should carry them.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I broke my power supply for my whammy IV before, and I took it out of the board, brought it into GC and they found the one that fit and worked for $30. The power supply has a very thin cable which rips very easy if you don't take care of it...

It could be it's only really getting enough power for LEDs, so you think it's working fine...but it can't transfer and modify the signal it's getting with the daisy chain power so it's basically a dead end. Get the right power supply.

What the guy said about fixing the treadle -- that wouldn't replicate the sound of your amp buzzing from not being plugged into the amp, that would just make it that the treadle properly edits the parameter of the effect when you rock it down.
Quote by itstheman
I broke my power supply for my whammy IV before, and I took it out of the board, brought it into GC and they found the one that fit and worked for $30. The power supply has a very thin cable which rips very easy if you don't take care of it...

It could be it's only really getting enough power for LEDs, so you think it's working fine...but it can't transfer and modify the signal it's getting with the daisy chain power so it's basically a dead end. Get the right power supply.

What the guy said about fixing the treadle -- that wouldn't replicate the sound of your amp buzzing from not being plugged into the amp, that would just make it that the treadle properly edits the parameter of the effect when you rock it down.

so can i just go and buy a strong adapter that has the same specifications of the the adapter that comes with the whammy pedal ?
cuz that would be a lot easier
thnx for the help !
Quote by Muse_XX
so can i just go and buy a strong adapter that has the same specifications of the the adapter that comes with the whammy pedal ?
cuz that would be a lot easier
thnx for the help !
since the whammy is the only pedal that runs on that specific voltage, it's highly unlikely that another company mass-produces other ones. just shell out for the damned adapter. that is the only way you're going to get your whammy to work. maybe you should be more careful with it this time.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by Jhachey22
since the whammy is the only pedal that runs on that specific voltage, it's highly unlikely that another company mass-produces other ones. just shell out for the damned adapter. that is the only way you're going to get your whammy to work. maybe you should be more careful with it this time.

i'll go tomorrow and search for it .. but does it have to be the exact same specifications ? (sorry i'm new to this stuff)

if i don't find it .. i'll order it online

http://cgi.ebay.com/9V-DC-Power-Adapter-for-Digitech-Whammy-WH-1-Pedal-PH_W0QQitemZ120465693959QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0c509d07&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

is this one good ??
Quote by Muse_XX
i'll go tomorrow and search for it .. but does it have to be the exact same specifications ? (sorry i'm new to this stuff)

if i don't find it .. i'll order it online

http://cgi.ebay.com/9V-DC-Power-Adapter-for-Digitech-Whammy-WH-1-Pedal-PH_W0QQitemZ120465693959QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0c509d07&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

is this one good ??

no, the whammy power supply has a red tip. at least mine is.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
it's either the "PS0913B" or the "PS750".

the manual says to only use one of those.

google it for places to buy.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
just ordered the PS0913B from Amazon
thnx for all the help guys =D
Quote by Jhachey22

My friends Whammy works with the ac adapter from my Digitech Rp200a.
The whammy runs on AC while most 9v adaptors output DC. This is why normal 9v adaptors don't work. You need to find a 9v 1300ma AC to AC adaptor if you don't want to use the digitech one.

Quote by editthesadparts
My friends Whammy works with the ac adapter from my Digitech Rp200a.

They use the same adaptor for the Rp200a and the whammy so yeah...
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Sep 28, 2009,
The whammy adaptor is AC!!! NOT DC like pretty much every other effect!! its also uses a lot of current need an adaptor of at least an amp!