hi, i changed p-ups for a tone zone bridge and air norton neck, but my solid state stagg amp does not handle it well, and thought maybe a full tube amp would sound much better for rock- hard rock -metallica style

have been thinking about a peavey valveking ( 400 euro's in the netherlands )

but i hope you could advise me a bit

ps. guitar is a s470

edit: reason for new amp is the bad distortion because my amp does not handle high output humbuckers well, cleans are good though but are not that important,

i also have a boss mt2 and boss gt8 for effects/distortion
Last edited by gitaarproff at Sep 27, 2009,
What type of tone are you aiming for? Name some bands.

Also, unless your mt2 is modded then you would probably be better off taking it out of the picture.
Get rid of the metal zone, or mod it.
+1, answer all of i_am_metalhead's questions.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20
-Avatar 1x12

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Did you like your tone before you changed pups? If so then just change back.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You can't get the Metallica tones with a Valveking stock. You could use your Metal Zone, but I hear the tone in those is only good if you mod it (Keeley mod it).

I would recommend waiting for that new 6505+ 112 combo to come out. That's more geared for the high gain stuff.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ