Page 1 of 2
name off some good metal guitars from approx $650-$900 new plz

mainly playing slipknot, metallica, disturbed ,etc

im eventually gonna try to trade my fender strat 70's ed for a used metal guitar of this caliber
Last edited by FODICO at Sep 27, 2009,
^ Diamond C-1. The one with EMG 81/89's
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Mine would be in that price range. Look it up.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

schecter hellraiser imo.
also, Dan donegan from disturbed plays washburns, for slipknot, mick plays ibanez and james plays fenders with emgs in 'em (which i thought was super cool) which goes to show, put emgs in anything, its automatically badass.
go on craigslist and find a used ibanez or esp. if you wait, you might find a $1500 guitar for something in your pricerange
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
is 81's/85's good ? for EMGs on the schecter C-1 FR (im looking on craigslist..lol)
EMG 81/85 is fine. EMG 89 sounds just like the 85 except it can be split into a single coil for cleans or whatever. The Ibanez RGT6EXFX posted before is also great if you don't want the hellraiser.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
What kind of metal, what brand or spec preferences do you have?

With that price range, you could get a
Jackson KE3
Jackson DK2M
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
ESP EC-500
DBZ AB Bolero
Ibanez RG1550M
Ibanez ICT700
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
i dont have real preferences, im getting a vypyr 60 tube amp for my B-day, and i know i want to play tons more metal than classic stuff (when i bought the guitar i wanted classic stuff, now i dont), so im trading it in for something else...
it really comes down to personal preference. i wouldnt get it, but it would sound good. the only really sure fire way to decide is to go to a guitar center or store of some kind and play the guitars people have recommended.

EDIT: all of these guitars will sound great, but the biggest difference will be how they play, and how that works with what you prefer. But since you dont have any real preferences, i do ont think you would be diappointed with any of these guitars.
Last edited by JohnnyChimpo241 at Sep 27, 2009,
as i said, my preference is playing slipknot, distubed, metallica, etc
Quote by FODICO
name off some good metal guitars from approx $650-$900 new plz

mainly playing slipknot, metallica, disturbed ,etc

im eventually gonna try to trade my fender strat 70's ed for a used metal guitar of this caliber

Ibanez RG Prestige
Jackson Soloist
Carvin
Higher End B.C. Rich

add up some more (2000 ish)and get a Bernie Rico Jr Bolt-on or a Vik Black Lotus(looks amazing, he has a thread on the GB&C)

PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
wait.. so don't get the schecter thing (forgot how to spell it already)
...tight on cash, so cant put any money towards it, its just gonna be a trade only thing

also, can u take a look at the other thread, i put it up on craigslist and am getting offers that i have no clue if they are good or not.. its called "which one is better" or something
^ r u talking to me?
if so, im no help.

i absolutely HATE fenders and i dont even bother trying them out.
feel free to add me
I would probably go for Ibanez S2170FB S Prestige Series it may be a little over your budget but it has the most meatiest sound with a kick ass Floyd Rose set-up!
its not really the point of a budget, its just whats on craigslist/what i can trade my fender for
Quote by burnboy85
What amp are you using?

he is gonna buy a Tube Vypyr 60
feel free to add me
i think what you need to do is just find out what kind of neck you like. the wizards on ibanezes are definitely an acquired taste. i like the profile of esp necks, but i hate the huge fret wires on them (they just feel wrong to me). if you like the neck on your strat, go with a schecter. my gryphon and strat have nearly identical necks
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

i really like the neck on my strat

the problem right now is i cant find someone willing to trade for the strat atm

im looking for either one of these
-strat for schecter hellraiser
-strat + vox amp for ibanez prestige
also you can buy a cheap guitar, install with a new neck from warmoth or upgrade the pups or whatever
Quote by valterra

i have 0 cash..lol.. i just have my strat

im thinking i just sell the strat for like $450 and buy a used schecter on Clist
Quote by britishsligean

awesome guitar right here.. there is one up on ebay for cheap..

also like said above.. any schecter
there is so much that you really can't pinpoint it down to one guitar man. I say research some brands, and then go try them at a local shop if they have them. Test it out and find what you like. But I might as well recommend my own guitar, which is amazing for metal and hard rock in general: A ESP LTD EX-401, it costs $600 and is very worth the price. However, if you want a tremolo, you can get the DX for about 130 more.
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
whats the difference between a Schecter hellbringer C-1 FR or not FR...

should i buy the non-FR if i cant find a FR
Quote by FODICO
whats the difference between a Schecter hellbringer C-1 FR or not FR...

should i buy the non-FR if i cant find a FR

One has a Floyd Rose (floating tremolo), one doesn't.

If you want an FR get the FR. If not then don't.
why would you buy a metal guitar lol buy a wood one
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD M-1000 Deluxe w/ FR
Hamer XT-series SATQ
Fender Stratocaster
'75 Fender F-35 Acoustic
Amp
Vox VT15
Pedals
535Q Crybaby Wah
Page 1 of 2