I normally work very hard at work and put in the extra effort when its hectic and deffinately earn my pittance of a salary, but occasionally I am left all alone with nothing to do so I get tempted to browse forums, ebay and game sites etc.

However, I am always worried one day they are going to find out somehow what and how long I've been messing around on the internet for, either by direct watching my workstation remotely or looking at my logs. We have an internal server and fairly undedicated IT support.

So how do I stop them doing this? Also make it look like I'm not really doing as well so noone is suspicious.

Any ideas? Obviously no suggestions of 7 proxies.

Thanks
Quote by Steve The Plank
Hitler, is that you?
Get an iphone or a laptop of your own, it's hardly worth getting fired over the pit, ebay, gamespot or whatever. I dont know where you work or anything but alot of workplaces are either already logging or might start logging internet activity.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
what job is it?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
You could find another job, CAUSE YOU'RE FIRED!!!
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
Quote by matttt
You could find another job, CAUSE YOU'RE FIRED!!!

YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, BECAUSE I QUIT
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
not worth the risk really. i would do what kensai said and get an i-phone or personal laptop with wireless anywhere card or something
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by andyscoot
Solution: Work and earn your damn money

I work too fast and get everything done in the morning then the afternoon is just clockwatching, more work for other people out of the office to set me stuff to do than them doing it themselves.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Hitler, is that you?
Quote by Bassism
I work too fast and get everything done in the morning then the afternoon is just clockwatching, more work for other people out of the office to set me stuff to do than them doing it themselves.

there is a website that turns every webpage and app into a word style document look. i cant remember the name tho.
there is one really good proxy that works with explorer(ultrasurf, and firefox through extension add on) and you could use firefox or chrome or something for work related internet stuff

best i can come up with
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
If your work is done, what can they really say about it?

"YOU WASTED TIME ON INTERNET FORUMS FOR THREE HOURS YESTERDAY!!!!"
"Well, when you give me two hours of work and I'm here for five....."

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I'm willing to bet they do monitor it. Just download pacman on your phone and play for hours on end and then become a famous world champion so you'll have enough money to quit your job and be a famous nerd.
Quote by Bassism

Then be happy you're stupidly lucky to get paid for doing nothing. People would literally kill for a job at this moment in time.
Quote by Kensai
Get a blackberry or a laptop of your own, it's hardly worth getting fired over the pit, ebay, gamespot or whatever.

this.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Bassism
I normally work very hard at work and put in the extra effort when its hectic and deffinately earn my pittance of a salary, but occasionally I am left all alone with nothing to do so I get tempted to browse forums, ebay and game sites etc.

However, I am always worried one day they are going to find out somehow what and how long I've been messing around on the internet for, either by direct watching my workstation remotely or looking at my logs. We have an internal server and fairly undedicated IT support.

So how do I stop them doing this? Also make it look like I'm not really doing as well so noone is suspicious.

Any ideas? Obviously no suggestions of 7 proxies.

Thanks

Whenever you log onto their network. There is nothing you can really do to stop them from watching you, you are on their network and their technicians have control. And if your network is anything like my old school, they can literally take full control of your computer and lock you out.
if it is like my old school, anything short of disconnecting from their network and connecting to your own probably won't work.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
Whenever you log onto their network. There is nothing you can really do to stop them from watching you, you are on their network and their technicians have control. And if your network is anything like my old school, they can literally take full control of your computer and lock you out.
if it is like my old school, anything short of disconnecting from their network and connecting to your own probably won't work.

I had that in high school when the teacher took over my computer and projected it on the wall, I didn't realise but at the time I was on ebay buying bb guns, stupid bitch.

When I was on work experience a guy in the IT department said there is a programme you can disable in task manager that stops them being able to do this.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Hitler, is that you?
Quote by ....Satan

I like your style!
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
If you just do internet crap, invest in a netbook. You can get an Acer Aspire One with a 9" screen for less than $300 and it'll run the internet nicely, plus you can put other stuff on it since it's one of the few netbooks that comes with quite a big hard drive (mine is 160GB). Plus it's easy to take to and from work.
Quote by ....Satan

I hate it when that say that

a little lost.....
There are plenty of programs that let you spoof IP addresses across a LAN, just make up a fake IP or alternatively...use your bosses!
Quote by andyscoot
Then be happy you're stupidly lucky to get paid for doing nothing. People would literally kill for a job at this moment in time.

Indeed. If they're not handing you work, stop being a lazy arse and look/ask for some more. Who knows, maybe your 'pittance of a salary' (count yourself lucky you have one) will increase.
Just become a doctor or nuclear physicist or something. Problem solved broseph.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.