I just started learning bass and I was wondering any easy songs I could learn just to practice and get better at bass.

Just name songs that are mostly on the easy side.
message in a bottle by the police is a very good one that is easy

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
for whom the bell tolls by metallica, pretty simple really or smoke on the water - deep purple
Quote by bwalter32
Anything by Victor Wooten and Marcus Miller.

Umm ... he said beginner?
green day, some metallica, most pop-punk bands all that stuff
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
guerilla radio- rage against the machine.
Last resort- papa roach
Smells like teen spirit-nirvana

first 3 i learnt
Quote by Death11
Any song by Iron Maiden

foo that aint beginner!
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Snow (hey oh) by the red hot chili peppers.

First song i ever learned on bass =)
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Gorillaz - Feel Good, Inc
Seven Nation Army
Rage Against the Machine - Bulls on Parade
Twisted Sister - Burn in Hell
Most Static-X songs
Motorhead - Hardcore

That's the kind of stuff I learned on
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
anything by blink 182, sum 41, nirvana, most of the stuff you'll hear on the radio that follows the guitar chords are good to start with.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
anything by blink 182, sum 41, nirvana, most of the stuff you'll hear on the radio that follows the guitar chords are good to start with.

I think boring basslines will scare him away from the instrument. I suggested Money because it's simple but not boring.
learn fire by jimi hendrix it help builds finger strength by using all four of your fret fingers, and is a cool song.

Also, try taxman by the beatles (classic)

wolfmother has some easy music, try love train, fun and easy
Quote by pwrmax
I think boring basslines will scare him away from the instrument. I suggested Money because it's simple but not boring.

When you're first learning and you just need to learn how to hold down a string, play rhythms and change from string to string, these kind of basslines are good, and it's not boring if you enjoy the song, you can sing along with it and such as well.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Ash-Kung fu and NFG-My friends over you.

both easy and get you used to the changing strings.Also GoldFinger-99 red balloons the little interlude's good for starting out aswell imo purely for the same reason even though the songs nature is repetative.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
there is already a thread for this...
BUT...
Try simple stuff to build your core technique, then add on and go from there.
try...
---Linkin Park (Minutes to Midnght is pretty basic)
---Snow Patrol (maybe not your favorite, but when I started it build up my endurance to play through the album "Eyes Open" straight through once or twice a day)
---Greenday (American Idiot is another endurance builder, and there are also some interesting right hand stuff. some...)

---Punk!!!
Punk bass is usualy fairly easy on your right hand but, typically, requires constant motion in the left, building endurance and technique. (The Offspring and Rise Against help, although RA might be a little quick for a beginner)
Dont forget metallica!!

I recommend For Whom The Bell Tolls, Seek And Destroy and Master Of Puppets. They arent hard songs at all.. For Whom was my first song i learned
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
When i first picked up the bass, my dad taught me "Breaking the Law" by Judas Priest. For the first song i learned throughout, i would suggest "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath, but i didnt throw in some of the extra hammer-ons till after i was comfortable with playing the instrument.
Creep - Radiohead. First song I learnt on bass.
Here Comes your man - Pixes. You may have a problem with this at first depending on how much of a beginer you are, but if you put the time it you should get it sounding sweet, real fun to play too.