Where I live there are 3 listings (all different people) for 70's Fender Twin Reverbs. I was wondering how much they are really worth. After i get a few responses I will tell you guys how much they are. As far as i know, they would be amazing deasl if i had the money.

One for sure is a '72
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Last edited by Polystant at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by Polystant
Where I live there are 3 listings (all different people) for 70's Fender Twin Reverbs. I was wondering how much they are really worth. After i get a few responses I will tell you guys how much they are. As far as i know, they would be amazing deasl if i had the money.

One for sure is a '72

Silver Face twins are good as a clean, loud amp. but, like most Silverface fender amps, they are slightly sterile sounding and don't sound very good cranked. how much do these guys want for a Twin? i wouldn't pay any more than $700 for it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
They are $500, $525, and $650. My bad when I looked at the pricing awhile back i must have looked at the blackfaces. Pardon my ignorance. Not such an amazing deal i guess.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by Polystant
They are $500, $525, and $650. My bad when I looked at the pricing awhile back i must have looked at the blackfaces. Pardon my ignorance. Not such an amazing deal i guess.

$500 is pretty good. ask if it's been re-tubed or re-capped.

HACHEDIT: you can also get them modded to Blackface specs, since the circuit is pretty close.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
still a steal for the money, like hachey said: "if it's been recapped". you'll want to have had them checked up on, bad capacitors(caps) and tubes can fail after periods of use or misuse or no use at all(esp the caps). but still, 700 at most... for a hand wound fender amp... you could black line it if you gotta hard on for a black face... the twin reissue goes for well over 1000 with reco jensons and pcb quality. they're great for some old rock an blues though. good amp for money imo, you'll get things you have to pay couple grand for modern.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae