I've narrowed my new guitar search down to two models.

The ESP LTD H-401FM

And the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser

A big part of making my decision will be based on playability for me, which one feels best, etc.

Putting that aside, how would these two guitars compare, build quality & feature-wise. The coil tapping on the C-1 seems cool, not sure how much I'd use it though. I like the flamed top on the LTD, and the slightly cheaper price is nice.

What say thee? Anything else to consider?
I had the C-1 with FR and to me the build quality was great ( Made in Korea i think ).
Neck got a grate shape and is rather fast.

But I dont like EMG pickups myself, so I sold it and bought a Strat.
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.
The Schecter has

Active EMG 81TW and 89 humbuckers deliver crushing electric guitar tone.

That's all you need to know to choose.
Rhythm In Jump. Dancing Close To You
Quote by budreiser1
is it the hellraiser with the floyd rose?

No. I want a solid bridge.
Quote by 66titan66
The Schecter has

Active EMG 81TW and 89 humbuckers deliver crushing electric guitar tone.

That's all you need to know to choose.

So it does crushing, but will it do b00talZ???
Play em and see which you like better, they are both great guitars for the price.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
Quote by KAS1981
No. I want a solid bridge.

Solid Bridge? I think what you mean is string through..but Schecter is what you should get...considering that you other choice is a low end ESP model...if you go ESP go all out none of that I don't have money crap
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Quote by KAS1981
So it does crushing, but will it do b00talZ???

As Br00t4lZ as a line 6 Spiders insane channel.

But really, my votes for the Schecter. I've always loved their guitars
Rhythm In Jump. Dancing Close To You
I've played schecters and esps. I have an ESP LTD H-400 and it is an amazing guitar, i don't like the new H headstocks (a la 401) but the quality will be a little better than the schecter (in my opinion) plus better fret access.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I'd personally go with the ESP unless the hellraiser had vastly superior playability, just my random prefrence
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by EvoLancer211
Solid Bridge? I think what you mean is string through..but Schecter is what you should get...considering that you other choice is a low end ESP model...if you go ESP go all out none of that I don't have money crap

Yeah I worded that wrong. I don't want a floating tremolo, put it that way.

Yikes......and I already thought I had a low end ESP.
The Hellraiser's pickups can be split into single coils which people fail to realize. Looks way cooler too, the binding and the inlays look really br00talz. I say the Hellraiser. Try them both out.

Are you sure you don't want a tube amp for those EMG's though ?
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by falconthefirst at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by falconthefirst
The Hellraiser's pickups can be split into single coils which people fail to realize. Looks way cooler too, the binding and the inlays look really br00talz. I say the Hellraiser. Try them both out.

Are you sure you don't want a tube amp for those EMG's though ?

There's an amp in the future too sometime, I'd like to get a better guitar first.
I'd say the Hellraiser. The coil tap is a nice feature, but when the pups are coil tapped, they're about half the volume.

I like the fact that the Hellraiser has two volume knobs and one tone. There's no way I'm buying a guitar with one volume knob. EVER.
i would get the esp,ive tried both and the schecter had a thicker beefier neck.
but hey,im not you and niether are any of these guys, so go out there and buy the one that fits you hands like sex.
I really liked the 401.The neck was thiner and more comfy for me.I also owned a shecter c1 hellraiser fr.I didnt really like it.I was pretty heavy and the neck was a little to thick for me.It also kinda feels like the Schecter's laqur(sp) is kinda sticky and it was harder to move my hands freely down the neck.But hey thats just me.You could fall in love with it and hate the 401 its all how it feel to your hands.
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member