Hi folks!

As I've been watching some youtube clips, I've realized, that I want an Eric Clapton mid boost kit in my strat. But also I would like to change the bridge pickup to a true (maybe noiseless) single coil, because the SD Hot Rails I have in there is awful at cleans and also I don't really like it at all (maybe it's good for some higher gain stuff, but that's all).

So, I've been searching for a nice bridge pickup, but I just can't choose.
I want a pickup that's got some nice clean strat tones (not too trebly, but nice even tone), and can handle maybe rock-hard rock levels of gain.

Unfortunately here in Hungary I can only buy Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio (they are more expensive) pickups.
My candidates: Dimarzio Area pickups
Dimarzio Virtual Vintage 54 Pro
Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Blues / Heavy Blues
SD Classic Stack Plus
SD Five-two SSL-52
SD Hot SSL-3
SD Quarter Pound SSl-4/SSL-7

I was thinking about Lace Sensors too (as those are in the EC strat), but I can't find it in Hungary.

I would really like that early Joe Bonamassa (first 2-3 albums) tone with the mid boost. Here's 2 samples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaWLhB98BeU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDAQm2qWnYw

So please guys if you can help make up my mind don't hold your thoughts back.
Sorry for the wall of text. Thanks. Bye

Edit: Whoops, i wanted to put this in the Electric Guitar forum. Maybe someone can move it.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Last edited by hansolo1106 at Sep 27, 2009,
no, GG&A is the right place.

I'd suggest the Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups. they come in two flavors: normal and hot. the hot ones (designed with/for Jeff Beck) have a warmer, fuller sound, like a humbucker. the regular VNs sound like plain-jane single coils.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
no, GG&A is the right place.

I'd suggest the Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups. they come in two flavors: normal and hot. the hot ones (designed with/for Jeff Beck) have a warmer, fuller sound, like a humbucker. the regular VNs sound like plain-jane single coils.

The reviews I've been reading say that those pickups sound very lifeless and bad.
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Quote by hansolo1106
The reviews I've been reading say that those pickups sound very lifeless and bad.

sounded pretty good to me. TBH, p'ups play a small part in the big picture. your Mid boost is going to have a bigger impact on your sound than your p'ups.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I posted the same thread on The Gear Page, and someone said, that the Clapton mid boost wouldn't suit well with the standard (not noiseless) pickups.
I really like that awesome tone Joe Bonamassa gets out of that guitar, but does that mean I can't use that kit unless I have some decent noiseless pickups (like the Dimarzio noiseless - I've heard that they're really awesome Pickups)?
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Quote by hansolo1106
I posted the same thread on The Gear Page, and someone said, that the Clapton mid boost wouldn't suit well with the standard (not noiseless) pickups.
I really like that awesome tone Joe Bonamassa gets out of that guitar, but does that mean I can't use that kit unless I have some decent noiseless pickups (like the Dimarzio noiseless - I've heard that they're really awesome Pickups)?

considering that the VN p'ups are currently being used in the Clapton sig strat, i respectufully disagree.

HACHEDIT: whoops! nvrmnd.

Joe B uses Les Pauls now, unless you're referring to his old Strat tone. in that case, i found it was just a run of the mill "SRV Strat" tone. you can approximate the tone with a set of hot single coil p'ups.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I'm thinking of his tone when he's using the EC strat. That's the tone I want. (I like his Les Paul one too, but I think his old tone was way better).
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Quote by hansolo1106
I'm thinking of his tone when he's using the EC strat. That's the tone I want. (I like his Les Paul one too, but I think his old tone was way better).

then he must've use the old Clapton strats with the Lace sensors in 'em. they've only started using the VNs a couple of years ago.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater