Although lots of people might not like the classic Nu-Metal bands like Korn and Deftones anymore, I'm sure there are people who still like them, I am one of these people.

Ok dudes/ladies, the style of music is going to be heavy, detuned nu-metal in the style of Korn and Deftones. Some slightly more aggressive parts influenced by Meshuggah might be put in as well but this is mainly going to be a proper nu-metal band.

Male or females are welcome, anyone can join.

The songs will mainly be original but some covers might be done.

Places that are open -

To join as a guitar player you need to have a 7 string guitar or a detuned 6 string with some heavy strings.

To join as bass player you need to have a 5 string bass.

To join as guitarist, bassist or vocalist, you must be able to record good quality clear recordings. These songs will be put up on various websites and maybe even sold if they are good enough, we need them good sounding!

Rhythm guitar - Muckypup
Rhythm guitar 2 -
Lead guitar -
Bass -
Vocals -
Drum programming - Muckypup

Only post if you are serious about doing this, if you don't actually want to join, please don't post then!

If you have samples of your sound you get, then post them or PM me them, I need to hear stuff first before I decide who is in.

Having a tab program like Guitar Pro or Tux Guitar is good but you don't have to have it.
Detuned how far? I'm currently playing in Drop C, but the lowest I've ever gone is Drop A, and it's pretty flappy at that point. Still playable but any kind of pressure over just touching the strings to the frets changes pitch dramatically :P Got Skinny Top Heavy Bottom strings (52-10).
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
Quote by Adam144
Detuned how far? I'm currently playing in Drop C, but the lowest I've ever gone is Drop A, and it's pretty flappy at that point. Still playable but any kind of pressure over just touching the strings to the frets changes pitch dramatically :P Got Skinny Top Heavy Bottom strings (52-10).

Well I have a set of beefy strings, they are 56-12. I thing that down two steps to C would be low enough but the lower the better, I sometimes to to drop A, drop G and even drop F# like an 8 string guitar.
I'd be down for doing vocals, I'm a lyricist too. I'll get some tracks together possibly by tonight and send them your way.

Also, I absolutely love Deftones.

EDIT: I'm just not sure what kind of quality I can get yet, so if it's too horrible I probably won't bother sending anything.
Quote by bassbeat77
I'd be down for doing vocals, I'm a lyricist too. I'll get some tracks together possibly by tonight and send them your way.

Also, I absolutely love Deftones.

EDIT: I'm just not sure what kind of quality I can get yet, so if it's too horrible I probably won't bother sending anything.

Just send whatever you can, what are you using to record?
Also, I was thinking maybe a cover of the Deftones RX Queen song would be pretty cool to do, I have almost the whole song recorded.
Oh yea, forgot to mention that I could probably do some guitar as well, I'm not uber 1337 lead player but im willing to give anything a shot. More of a rhythm player tbh

Record with a Line 6 Toneport UX1, so it's good quality.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3