Poll: Which Bugera??
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Bugera??
6262 212
2 18%
333XL
9 82%
Voters: 11.
Right, i've just decided that my next amp will be from Bugera. I love the tone, and they're in my price range. Problem is i'm not too sure which of the two models i like i should buy. The two in consideration are the 6262 212 and the 333XL. Any help??
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Tell us something about what you play. Basically, you are looking at either the Peavey 6506+, or the Peavey XXX.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Tell us something about what you play. Basically, you are looking at either the Peavey 6506+, or the Peavey XXX.

6505+ and JSX actually
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
thats no help, i'm looking at the bugera's, not peavy. i'm playing all sorts of music, from classic rock to metal. most of the stuff i play is high gain.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by GuitaristTrue
Im pretty sure the 6262 is pretty much a copy of the 5150?
I think that the 6260 is the 5150/6505, and the 6262 is the 6505+?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Let's do this right:

What is your budget?
What kind of music/genres/bands do you play?
Can you go used?
Will you be gigging? If so, how large?

If you are set on one of those Bugeras, answer these questions:

Do you care about cleans?
Do you want more gain/more versatility?
Will you need the noise gate of the 333XL?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by shredftw
thats no help, i'm looking at the bugera's, not peavy. i'm playing all sorts of music, from classic rock to metal. most of the stuff i play is high gain.

Bugeras are based off Peavey amps. Tell us what you play.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Quote by shredftw

They're very similar, almost exactly cloned from the Peaveys. The 333XL will do classic rock better, imo. For high gain, the 6262 might be better. It's got more br00t4lzzz.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

i am set on the bugera's.

i'm not too bothered about an immaculate clean tone.
i'd like as much gain as possible with versatility.
not too sure about the noise gate.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Quote by shredftw

Dont waste your money on a Bugera and get a used 5150.

You could probably get the head, or a combo 5150 for the same price. And you would be getting way better quality, unless you play a lot of softer stuff, the 333XL would probably have better cleans I imagine.

Or, do what I did and get an Ampeg VH-140c, its probably the br00talest amp on the face of the earth.

Its cheap too, I got my head for $300. Worth every Penny.
Last edited by GuitaristTrue at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by shredftw

I'd get the 6262, as it has a decent clean channel. High gain applications are where it shines, though. Frankly, I haven't been too impressed with Bugeras, but for heavy stuff, I can see why you would want one. You may want to run an OD on the clean channel for classic rock distortion and have the lead channel for metal.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
333xl has a bit diffrent tone then the 6260 you just have to play both, I like the 333xl for lead playing it just has a smother sound to me, but I live the 6260 for almost everything else, it has a very organic sound to me
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by shredftw

In this case, the gain of the 6262 is greater, but the 333XL is more versatile. It's your choice really. Altough personally I think the 333s have plenty of gain on tap, and the 6260s have ridiculous amounts of gain.
The noisegate isn't that great, it's not comparable to actual noisegates.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by shredftw

no it is, u fool, hes telling you that those bugera amps are just copies of those peavey amps, really ull love peavey more, cos the bugera's u like are just knock off's of the peaveys, the peaveys will sounds better, but still, for metal & classic rock, its the 6506 or 6263 whaterver bugger's calls it. the tone and volume is brutal and the gain is epic.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
does anyone know if a 6262 can get a good tone at low volumes?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Honestly, I prefer it when someone uses moderate amounts of gain to play heavy stuff, a la Paul Gilbert and John Petrucci. The 333XL will have way more versatility, and probably all the gain you will need. Plus, it has better cleans. However, the 6262 will have more balls, heavier crunch, and is generally voiced for metal. The 333XL is much smoother, almost for leads.

I would also suggest you look into an Ampeg VH140c. It's a GREAT death metal amp, and it also has epic cleans. Solid state, but arguably better than any of the Bugeras. Plus, it's super cheap used.

EDIT: Sure the 6262 can get good tone at lower volumes. Not as good is it is cranked, but it definitely doesn't sound bad.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Last edited by ibz_bucket at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by SPBY

No, 5150s are notorious for sounding buzzy/fizzy at low volumes.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

ok thanks for the advice so far. is th low volume quality on the bugera's good?? i'm living in a flat now so i dont want to piss off my neighbors too much.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Quote by shredftw
ok thanks for the advice so far. is th low volume quality on the bugera's good?? i'm living in a flat now so i dont want to piss off my neighbors too much.

Like I said, any tube amp will sound better cranked for certain things. But with metal, you use more preamp distortion anyways, so it won't make a big difference at all.

The VH140c can sound great at low volumes though, because it doesn't depend on cooking the tubes. It has none.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Well, I can run my 333 at very low volumes with good tone. It does help that I run it through a 1x12 cab and with output tubes pulled though.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by shredftw

The 333XL has a pretty decent clean channel, and also has plenty of gain and versatility.

If the noise gate is works the same/similar to the JSX one, don't use it - it's not really noise gate. While it doesn't sound bad at like 6 or 7, it sucks tone around 8 or so. Just put it on 0 and you'll be happy.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by ibz_bucket
Like I said, any tube amp will sound better cranked for certain things. But with metal, you use more preamp distortion anyways, so it won't make a big difference at all.

The VH140c can sound great at low volumes though, because it doesn't depend on cooking the tubes. It has none.

Plus, the VH140c is solidstate.

No tubes, it will always work, it will never sound any different.

The sound IMO is just as good if not better than several tube amps
Quote by SPBY

yes, it does sound pretty good at low volumes

Quote by Kanthras
No, 5150s are notorious for sounding buzzy/fizzy at low volumes.

the 6262 is modeled after the 6505+ not the 5150, and it has different characteristics and it has a sound of it's own. Similaries to peavey but still Bugera sound

EDIT: i dont know about the combos, talking about a head/cab
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Last edited by madh4ttr at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by madh4ttr
yes, it does sound pretty good at low volumes

the 6262 is modeled after the 6505+ not the 5150, and it has different characteristics and it has a sound of it's own. Similaries to peavey but still Bugera sound

EDIT: i dont know about the combos, talking about a head/cab

+1000000

My 6260 sounds really good at low volumes ( live in a dorm with 3 roommates and rooms close to us, so I'm forced to low volumes a lot). It also has a very nice clean channel, really chimey and clear, especially if you eq it right. The 62** series is more versatile then people make it out to be, the crunch channel can do your classic rock/hard rock tone just as well as the 333XL. The lead channel absolutely rips it up and can find any metal tone you want.

TS, if you have more questions about Bugera amps and you don't want to get bashed for asking about them or just have people suggest other amps, there is a Bugera Militia thread that is really helpful.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
The 333XL will handle classic rock or metal very nicely. I plugged in a Les Paul and played Velvet Revolver, Ozzy, AC/DC, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Alter Bridge, ATR, and BFMV with nice sounds. I just switched from crunch to lead for appropriate gain and did a bit of eqing.