Hello fellow guitarists!

Recently I bought an Epiphone Korina Explorer (black+ white with "gold" hardware) and a Bugera 333XL Combo.

It both kicks ass, but I am not that satisfied with the pickups of the Explorer. They sound too muddy and make too much noise. They don't do anything very good....

I decided to go on EMGs, I have tried EMGs in my shop (don't know which ones) and I LOVED them! After that I tried Gibson 500Ts and I didn't like them at all compared to the EMGs.

The EMG 81 is the one I am going to take for the Bridge, to make cutting solo's. My doubts are in the neck!

I want to do good cleans and I like fat sounds. Should I choose the 60 or 85?

Question 2:
What is the difference between the normal, A, and X series?

I searched at the internet and listened to youtube-clips but they don't tell much since they all use different amps and guitars.

I play mostly metal the way metallica did before reload. But I would like OK cleans too.

Thank you in advance!!!

By the way: does anyone have a pic from the new gold EMGs installed? I only find factory pics.
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
pics or its a walmart =]. and probly 81/85
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Thanks for the advice, but I'll post pics later in a NGD and NAD thread not to make doubleposts
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
I would place the 85 on bridge and the 81 in the neck position.
or emg 89 and emg 81.
if you want the 81 in the bridge then i guess that the 60 is the best option for the neck.
my guitar has the 60 in the neck. it sounds real good for cleans. i have heard from others that the 60 does better cleans than the 85, but idk i never used an 85.
60/81
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
if your going 'tallica, get 60/81

cant go wrong
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
i especially would like to know WHY !
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
60 = good cleans
81 = good distortion
Quote by aldo47
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
I guess I need to try the 60 and 85 in the neck.... can anyone tell what the X series exactly add?
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Quote by RMB
I guess I need to try the 60 and 85 in the neck.... can anyone tell what the X series exactly add?

I've never really played them, but they supposedly add more head room and a more organic sound.
Quote by aldo47
I'd suggest the 60 in the neck as the 85 is pretty powerful and tends to be a bit of a step up from having the 81 at the bridge. Only use the 85 if you want those fat lead sounds and either have separate volume controls are are a dab hand at cranking up and down by hand. Either that or be prepared to set the 85 very low to compensate.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x