Hello!

I am having a very tough time deciding between these amps:

Epiphone Valve Junior (tone/gain bitmo mod, tubes) head
Blackheart Killer Ant bh1h head w/ tone/gain mod, tubes
Blackheart Little Giant head w/tripple bypass tone mod, tubes

These would be Bitmo mods, tubing depending on the model.

I want creamy overdrive and tons of clean headroom, not crazy crunchy tone from the amp.

Which is going to be the winner? I am thinking the bh5h is the way to go, but "Bitmo" Bruce said in an interview on blackhearttalk (or something) that he prefers the EVJ for studio recording. I had my heart set on the bh5h after playing the crap out of the bh1h through a 4x12 and the stock 8-10" cabinet, but now I am confused and indecisive! I am leaving it to you guys since the experts are busy.

Thanks!
I don't have much advice for you but...

Tons of clean headroom and tiny tube amps don't really go together..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
you want headroom?

get at least 30w tube amp
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I should have said this, I don't know exactly what tone I am going for. If you knows what these amps accell at (modded of course) that would be awsome. I do want a high headroom/creamy overdrive sound to use with my rp350 pedal (that I sorely wish was a rp355.)

Thanks again!
You're not going to get high headroom with a 5 watt amp, let alone a 1 watt amp.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Higher watts are out of my pricerange and this is exclusively for home use. I have a 5 month old and it would be great if he can still hear me to turn his amp down when he is 8.
Vox AC4????

Not a fan of the VJ myself.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by PimpSmurf
Higher watts are out of my pricerange and this is exclusively for home use. I have a 5 month old and it would be great if he can still hear me to turn his amp down when he is 8.
What is your budget?

location?
used or new?
bands you like to play?
Quote by AngryGoldfish
What is your budget?

location?
used or new?
bands you like to play?

Myrtle Beach, SC
New amp
Working on my own music really. Metal, southern rock, punkish stuff, alternatives. *shrug*

I can't say I really like to play anything in particular, although I see how it would help, I mostly just jam and look for riffs that are less worse than the last. I am still sorta looking for my sound.

Thanks for the input! Anyone else?
The Blackheart Little Giant is a very nice amp. It's creamy and natural. I wouldn't use it as a clean amp, though. It's got a bite and a snarl to it, which is why it's so effective and desirable.

What is your budget?
My budget is cheap. $300 is the highest I could possibly go.

On the vox: not looking for vintage sound at all, It is really hard for me to say what sound I am looking for, but the bh1h was definately damned close! I understand it has less gain than the bh5h, but for the same price, I want the 12" cab and more power potential.

Please understand also, that they will be modded! This will be my first tube amp, and I live to mod things. The stock sounds are far from their final sounds.

It seems the EVJ has more modability (sewatt.com even has an fx loop schematic and others I don't see for the Blackheart.)

I do dig the ant's definately great sound though.

*shrug*

I am ever more confused.
Will listen to that later, on my cellphone now. The more I read, the more I lean to the BH5H. I will find out if the local vox dealer has one tomorrow.

Also, any 2x12 boxes on the interweb worthy of checking out?
Quote by tr3nt
Vox AC4.

4 Watt setting has lots of headroom.
Ace amp.

my ac4: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1371004/vox.mp3

+1, I love my AC4, It's got very nice cleans and can even bust out the metal with the right pedal (I use my ZW-44). I really like it for playing Classic Rock and Alternative Rock.

Lopoline cabs seem to be a budget effective 2x12. I got my 2x12 from AB Customs and then filled it with Warehouse Guitar Speakers.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Sep 27, 2009,
I like the killer ant but if you want clean headroom it is not for you at all. The killer ant is all about getting tube distortion at the lowest possible volume, cleans are not a part of the equation.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I love my Blackheart!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Yeah, it will definately be a bh5h if I go with the blackheart. Gonna try to play the vox first, but the blackheart is feeling right.
Quote by PimpSmurf
My budget is cheap. $300 is the highest I could possibly go.

On the vox: not looking for vintage sound at all, It is really hard for me to say what sound I am looking for, but the bh1h was definately damned close! I understand it has less gain than the bh5h, but for the same price, I want the 12" cab and more power potential.

Please understand also, that they will be modded! This will be my first tube amp, and I live to mod things. The stock sounds are far from their final sounds.

It seems the EVJ has more modability (sewatt.com even has an fx loop schematic and others I don't see for the Blackheart.)

I do dig the ant's definately great sound though.

*shrug*

I am ever more confused.
The Fender SuperChamp XD is a nice amp. I'd second that.

But I'd suggest the Blackheart Little Giant over it. I think you will be more than happy with it.