Hey, Im planning on getting an ESP EC-II but if i can't find one for a good price on ebay when im ready to buy a new guitar, i need some "fail safe" guitars, e.g. they are a good price in popular stores like GCenter. I was playing my teachers PRS today and i was like dam this thing rapes, so I decided in the future to get one, but then he told me of the Paul Allender guitar and i should look it up. I play metal (trivium, metallica etc.) but a bit of clean as well, so the EC-II would have been fine because of the emg 60. Is the paul allender sig really good? im looking for a 'high end' guitar because i am looking for a clear upgrade, and have a 700$ ibanez atm, so was looking to upgrade not downgrade, and im skeptical that a signature guitar from PRS, known for many many high end guitars if im correct, that costs only 550$ or so and is good for metal, or other genres. ty.
I wouldn't get a PRS for Metal. Look into more ESP's and Jacksons, they're really good in the high-end range.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
550? last time i checked that guitar was 900...
is a good guitar for soloing but i only tried it once for like 30 mins so i cant tell you much.
check the price again btw
Quote by JagerSlushy
I wouldn't get a PRS for Metal. Look into more ESP's and Jacksons, they're really good in the high-end range.

TS they're decent but i would just go with an RG Prestige
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by JagerSlushy

Tell Opeth not to use PRSs for metal.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
http://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS-SE-Paul-Allender-Electric-Guitar-514471-i1471967.gc

Yeah its 550$ for purple finish and 750$ for the emerald finish...idk why such a big difference but yeah. I understand it would be easier to go into ibanez or other strat shapes for metal specs but i have 3 guitars like that already, i really wanted one with that, i can play metal but i look beast for many types of music look, such as the Eclipse II which imo looks really metal but not over the top.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Why not look into PRS?

Opeth
Sikth
Cephalic Carnage
Daath
Between the Buried and Me
Cradle of Filth
Dan Spitz from anthrax
alter bridge... they ALL play/have played PRS's...
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt
Quote by rawd
http://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS-SE-Paul-Allender-Electric-Guitar-514471-i1471967.gc

Yeah its 550$ for purple finish and 750$ for the emerald finish...idk why such a big difference but yeah. I understand it would be easier to go into ibanez or other strat shapes for metal specs but i have 3 guitars like that already, i really wanted one with that, i can play metal but i look beast for many types of music look, such as the Eclipse II which imo looks really metal but not over the top.

you want over the top metal?

go git a V or a kelly/xiphos/warriorDestroyer/Xplorer.

or a B.C. Rich NJ (GREAT guitars, so shut up haters ) Warlock, Warbeast
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
No lol i dont want over the top metal, theyre easy enough to find, but atm until i get extremely rich im straying away from guitars that only fit the look of one genre, such as jazz guitars or Xiphos, which looks dumb either way tbh.

Im starting to really like this guitar though, seems well worth the money, still a bit skeptical of the stock pickups, but my teachers guitar was also stock pickups and no complaints, and also i watched a demo just now, the difference between the 2 pickups are amazing, which i also like in a guitar, part of the reason i was aiming for the emg 81/60 combo, one has high output and the other has one more suited for clean, post any experiences or thoughts on guitar, thanks!
We had a Paul Allender at GC, and the gold plating on the bridge started to wear off after like a month.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
It's not worth it. It's not a good guitar. It's a mid-range guitar. That's all. If you already have a $700 Ibanez, you're not really upgrading like you say you want to. Stick to the Eclipse II or look into an Ibanez Prestige. ESP Standards and Ibanez Prestiges are some of the best high-end guitars for the price because they're made in Japan. You can get a pro-quality guitar without hurting your pockets too bad. It's very worth it to pick up one of those over the SE even if you have to save a little longer. An ESP or Ibanez Prestige is something you can keep for your whole life. There's no upgrading unless you get a custom shop from their respective companies.
Quote by JELIFISH19
It's not worth it. It's not a good guitar. It's a mid-range guitar. That's all. If you already have a $700 Ibanez, you're not really upgrading like you say you want to. Stick to the Eclipse II or look into an Ibanez Prestige. ESP Standards and Ibanez Prestiges are some of the best high-end guitars for the price because they're made in Japan. You can get a pro-quality guitar without hurting your pockets too bad. It's very worth it to pick up one of those over the SE even if you have to save a little longer. An ESP or Ibanez Prestige is something you can keep for your whole life. There's no upgrading unless you get a custom shop from their respective companies.

+1
You don't really specify how much you're looking to spend, but if you want a proper upgrade and prs is your thing, look at the USA made guitars (the allender model is in the SE range - Asian built). The modern scale guitars like the custom24, sc250 and tremonti are extremely versatile guitars and can be used for pretty much any style, as long as you're putting it through the right gear.