Hey guys, I wasn't really looking for a new guitar, but I just was bored and looking online at the used gear at my local guitar center and there was an RG 570 used (obviously) for 250$ Now, I'm wondering if the original edge trems are reliable?(That's what's on them, right?) Because I think they are, but I just want to be sure. And another thing, is that a good price for one? Also, how would I be sure that it is an Rg 570, and not one of the other models, if for some reason it wasn't?
Buy it right now. That is all.

Edges are awesome trems from what i've heard.

Maybe get the serial number and call Ibby themselves for assistance or use an online checker?

They sell for higher than that, i'd pay double for a real 550 easily.
Rhythm In Jump. Dancing Close To You
Last edited by 66titan66 at Sep 27, 2009,
buy it before i do...lol

seriously the edge trem is a great trem, vai and satch use them even though the production models of their sig guitars feature the edge pro.

there is no way of checking ibanez serial numbers to a particular guitar, the serial numbers are only used for shipping and warranty traceability and not used by ibanez.

ibanez staff literally take a heel plate or sticker at random and attach it to a guitar, ibanez keep no records to say serial number 1 belongs to guitar A and 2 belongs to guitar B, unless it is a anniversary model.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by 66titan66
Buy it right now. That is all.

+1.
Quote by Mikehugo2415
So I'm guessing that even if I decide I don't like it, the way you guys are acting, it can be turned around for profit? Or at least to break even?

Phase 1) Buy guitar.
Phase 2) ???
Phase 3) PROFIT!!!
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at Sep 27, 2009,
Yea pretty much. There like an Ibanez fanboys wet dream D:
Well, I believe I will be heading down there to snag that mofo. Sadly, GC is about 40 minutes away and it's Sunday, so that means they close at six But tomorrow, I am definately going down there because I've been wanting an Ibanez prestige but it would be just as good I think.

Hopefully in the near future, you guy's will be seeing a NGD from yours truely
Last edited by Mikehugo2415 at Sep 27, 2009,
Looking forward to it brah! Take some big ol' pics for me
Quote by 66titan66
Yea pretty much. There like an Ibanez fanboys wet dream D:

definitely. i love mine. the edge trem stays in tune for days. they're really honestly pretty comparable to the prestige models, but they cost so much less because they're just plain old. and i LOVE the original edge. best trem i've ever used. just make sure it's in decent working shape. it's not really worth even $250 if it's got a cracked neck or a tremolo out of whack.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
definitely. i love mine. the edge trem stays in tune for days. they're really honestly pretty comparable to the prestige models, but they cost so much less because they're just plain old. and i LOVE the original edge. best trem i've ever used. just make sure it's in decent working shape. it's not really worth even $250 if it's got a cracked neck or a tremolo out of whack.

Will do, and I'm afraid that a major flaw like that is what's making it so cheap. That, or GC's BS resale value when they buy used gear.