hey if u had to pick between a marshall mg100hfx or a used bugera 6262 combo wich one would u go with there both the same price so money donsent matter just witch one u would pick and y thanks
Tube Vypyr

but...
what genres do you play?
what is your budget?
can you go used?
what gear do you have now?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
That's a no brainer. The 6262. It's tube driven and sounds awesome. Although I don't think I'd buy it used since the older version had a bunch of reliability issues.

But definitely 6262>Mg by far.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Bugera, hands down. The Bugera is an all tube amp (not that you have to have teh toobz to sound good) and it sounds good. Aside from a few notorious reliability issues, Bugeras are pretty well built amps.

The Marshall MG series are crap. They are poorly constructed using cheap materials and they have a very undesired tone. The smaller amps are okay for practice purposes (although you can get better amps for the same price) but when you get up to the larger amps you are basically getting an over-sized practice amp. Definitely not worth the money.
I wouldn't say the 6262 is ideal for bedroom use. A B-52 AT-112 is probably more ideal, if so. Or a Line 6 Spider Valve.
But if you're gigging on a tight budget and want a metal sounding amp, the Peavey Vypyr Tube series and the Bugera lineup are solid choices. Probably the best you can go for.

The used market will obviously offer more, but only as a far as a Peavey 5150 combo.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Tube Vypyr

but...
what genres do you play?
what is your budget?
can you go used?
what gear do you have now?

mainly rock but i play everything
my buget is aruond $500
no
and i play a gibson les paul stoudio into a ds1 pedal into a crate fxt65 combo
6262.... sound good at low volume too
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Do you need to gig with the amp?

ya but cant u mic it
don't listen to these n00bs. the 6262 does NOT have teh CRUSHING OVERDRIVE that the MG100HFX possesses. plus, the 6262 does not have any built in effects. once again, the MG100HFX is superior. and you don't have to worry about t00b maintenance, which is pesky and costs lots in the long run.

all these n00bs are just running a smear campaign against Marshall because they all bought crappy amps and wish they had one. so they make themselves feel better by saying Marshall is teh badz.

Hey, Jimmy Page, Angus Young, Jimi Hendrix, Zakk Wylde and Slash ALL use Marshall amps, so obviously their good.

just kidding, dude. just get the 6262.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
don't listen to these n00bs. the 6262 does NOT have teh CRUSHING OVERDRIVE that the MG100HFX possesses. plus, the 6262 does not have any built in effects. once again, the MG100HFX is superior. and you don't have to worry about t00b maintenance, which is pesky and costs lots in the long run.

all these n00bs are just running a smear campaign against Marshall because they all bought crappy amps and wish they had one. so they make themselves feel better by saying Marshall is teh badz.

Hey, Jimmy Page, Angus Young, Jimi Hendrix, Zakk Wylde and Slash ALL use Marshall amps, so obviously their good.

just kidding, dude. just get the 6262.

I was gonna flame ya if you didn't put that disclaimer there, some people cannot tell sarcasm.

There really is no contest... in anything.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Quote by mike0206
ya but cant u mic it
With what?

This is nothing personal, but I'm tired of hearing about mics being the solution to amplification problems.
PA systems have to be very accurate to duplicate your amplifies tone into your ears and your band mates ears. You can't just spend £1000 on a set of speakers and expect that to suit your gigging needs. And the places that already own PA systems don't always mic you up properly. You're not guaranteed to even have a system and a sound engineer.
The gigs that I have done, on seven occasions, I had to totally rely on the sound of the amplifier. Fortunately, I had a Mesa Single Rect at the time--It was the only time it got used to it's potential--and it was okay.
I've done sound engineering before at gigs myself. And when a young lad comes on stage with a 30 watt Spider III and says "mic it up, Dan". I feel like killing somebody.

Yes, mic'ing up at gigs is essential, but if you want to be sure, so is a 20-onwards watt amplifier.
Quote by pokeatthedevil
I was gonna flame ya if you didn't put that disclaimer there, some people cannot tell sarcasm.

There really is no contest... in anything.

i dont wanna sound like a dumb ass but should i get the 6262 or the mg?
Quote by mike0206

6262, dude. i ws just taking the piss with the MG glorification post. the 6262 will sound much better than the MG at any volume.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
With what?

This is nothing personal, but I'm tired of hearing about mics being the solution to amplification problems.
PA systems have to be very accurate to duplicate your amplifies tone into your ears and your band mates ears. You can't just spend £1000 on a set of speakers and expect that to suit your gigging needs. And the places that already own PA systems don't always mic you up properly. You're not guaranteed to even have a system and a sound engineer.
The gigs that I have done, on seven occasions, I had to totally rely on the sound of the amplifier. Fortunately, I had a Mesa Single Rect at the time--It was the only time it got used to it's potential--and it was okay.
I've done sound engineering before at gigs myself. And when a young lad comes on stage with a 30 watt Spider III and says "mic it up, Dan". I feel like killing somebody.

Yes, mic'ing up at gigs is essential, but if you want to be sure, so is a 20-onwards watt amplifier.

well how many watts do u think i would need
Quote by mike0206
well how many watts do u think i would need

Isnt the 6262 120w? Thats more than enough tube power :S
The Bugera 6262 is 120 watts. It's valve and has two 12" speakers. It's more than loud enough. It happens to sound very good, as well.

But to answer your quesion... 20 watts of valve power through a 4x12 cabinet is the lowest I would recommend you going. That's if you don't play anything cleanly. 50 watts has always been the best of the bunch in my eyes. But anything above or below that is fine (apart from less than 20)
Quote by mike0206

The 6262... to make it obvious.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Quote by mike0206
mainly rock but i play everything
my buget is aruond $500
no
and i play a gibson les paul stoudio into a ds1 pedal into a crate fxt65 combo

For $500 I'd stop messing around and just get a used 5150 and be done with it.