A sexy view of the bass + couch coverings.

Another sexy bass pic, with my dad's car/driveway in view. (Yes, thats a giant backgammon board)

Anyways. I a few pros and cons so far.

Active electronics sound good, but I hate having to remember batteries.
I love having a mid EQ, I hate only having treble/bass, or worse, "tone" knobs.
Very nice neck, not a fat one, but substantial enough to feel good. Not to thin either.
Sexy, this bass is sooooo sexy. If it were a woman (A mod I'll work on) I'd totally be doing it.

Now some cons

This thing is freaking heavy as hell. I read reviews saying it was heavy, but daaaamn.
Very bright, I like bright basses, but this one is a little too bright. Fixable with EQ though.
The string saddles need to be set up better, theres a few "dead" frets and plenty of buzzing on the G and higher up on the D and A.]

Overall, for 200$ and an hour of driving, it kicks ass. I have a gig tomorrow, so wish me luck!
goddamn i want an ATK so bad. ATKs are the few basses with maple fretboards I dig..
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Very nice bass, I'm after a StingRay but god, they're so expensive. Would this be a decent cheaper alternative, TS?

I'm just after a nice punchy mid-heavy tone.
signature
i play guitar and never even picked up a bass but this is cool....you dont need luck just go out there and rock out
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by silent caution
i play guitar and never even picked up a bass but this is cool....you dont need luck just go out there and rock out

What?
signature
Quote by Bullet-Rule
What?

+1, damn guitards 0_o

Good choice on the ATK. I got one this summer. I loved the bright tone but hated the Elixirs so I changed then to power slinkies... ...which ruined the bright tone. This is a seriously good instrument though, rivals instruments worth 3x the price (6x in your case you jammy sod).
ATM its strung with DRs. Also, I just need to take a moment to facepalm, the guy restrung it today before I got there, thats why its so bright... I was thinking it was the bass... Itsj ust got new strings lol.
Quote by Bullet-Rule
Very nice bass, I'm after a StingRay but god, they're so expensive. Would this be a decent cheaper alternative, TS?

I'm just after a nice punchy mid-heavy tone.

TS kinda already answered that but I'm going to second it. The ATK is one of the best Stingray alternatives out there.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Okay, so after an hour of widdling around, I have another con. I can't seem to get a good rhythm/lead sound at the same time. Like, I can mess around with the pups and EQ and get a ****ing awesome lead tone, it cuts through the two guitar rage of my band, as I just got back from practice, thats where I tested BTW. But I can't find a really good medium between a great ballsy rhythm tone and a cutting middy lead tone. Also this thing screams with a fuzz pedal! My crappy one didn't do it justice, I borrowed my guitarist's Zvex and cut loose with some epic Muse bass.

So, what this means, is I now find my self adjusting EQs in between songs more, on my other bass, a Squier, I could get a tone that sounded good for both rhythm and lead, but great at neither. So now I'm able to get some amazing tones, but I still haven't found a good medium. So the bass is versatile, but hard to find a medium on. However I'm going to go play it some more and experiment with my EQ/OD pedals. TO maybe find a nice OD tone. For subtle stuff, unlike the un-subtle fuzz pedal I tried.
Yeah, a quality pedal will do you wonders.

www.bassfuzz.com <--- great site with TONS of reviews on OD pedals and various other types of pedals.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by MadAudioMan
Okay, so after an hour of widdling around, I have another con. I can't seem to get a good rhythm/lead sound at the same time. Like, I can mess around with the pups and EQ and get a ****ing awesome lead tone, it cuts through the two guitar rage of my band, as I just got back from practice, thats where I tested BTW. But I can't find a really good medium between a great ballsy rhythm tone and a cutting middy lead tone.

I don't know how many bands that Dano EQ pedal has, but here's what I think. I'd boost low mids and high mids, low mids a little more so. Then boost the bass slightly. Leave mid mids and treble flat.

Also, if you ever go pro, I'd bi-amp. Thats the easiest way to get the tone you're looking for
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
my god that is awesome. i want couch covers just like that.

but seriously looks good and quite a bargain at $200
Quote by MadAudioMan
as I just got back from practice, thats where I tested BTW.

I hope you didn't mean you were testing it behind the wheel of a car...
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115