I can't say about the Vendetta, but I can confirm that the Cube is a good beginner's amp. Also, you might want to look at a Peavey Vypyr 15W before you get the Cube. Different people prefer one over the other.
Sending a dummy to my God.

I think the Vendetta would be good for the styles you play. It has 24 frets, so it's got the "metal" scale (I've always thought 24 fret guitars when thinking about metal. ), and the humbuckers would be decent as well (higher output if I'm not mistaken?). It's not great, and you'll find some problems with it (the one I played had some dead spots on the higher frets), but overall if you're a beginner it should suit you just fine.

And also +1 to the Vypr suggestion. I love the tone that mine gives me.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
Last edited by bombsquadjunky at Sep 27, 2009,
I actually liked the vendetta when I played it. It's a good begginer shred or metal guitar. The pickups suck, but as a begginer you shouldnt care about that, just about rippin'.

You could find better guitars for the same price, but this one has great features for what you are playing. However, search for these too:
Yamaha Pacifica (any model)
ESP eclipse 50-100, or MH 50-100. Probably used EC or MH 200
Used Ibanez RG with fixed bridge (no whammy bar)
Used HSS mexican strat
Used Epiphone LP standard (not 100, not special, not Jr) or G-400

If you have any friends who have played guitar for a longer time, go with them to stores or pawn shops and play different guitars to see what's better.

The cube is great. You could also get a peavey vypyr.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
taht guitar is great i own one and i still play it. its really light and thats a big plus.
the pickups definitely aren't that great tho. but as a first it doesn't really matter. its still a pretty good beginner guitar.
Classical Guitarist
Quote by dsan224
You mean this Peavey Vyper?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922851-i1413605.gc

And Idnovelo, you said that I could get better guitars for the same price, can you name some of them that are the exact same price as the dean vendetta xm?

Yep, that's the one. Unless you're wanting more wattage. Compare the Vypyr and the Cube and see which you prefer.

yes it is. It was my first guitar, and i still play it to this day. better than most of the strater pack guitars. the roland is good, but listen to what the people are saying about the peavy
The vendetta is light, that's a plus. Some have a trem, which is always fun to mess with.

24 frets, a rather thin neck, decent pickups. By decent, I mean you can get almost anything you want out of them. But by no means expect amazing tone.

The tremolo really isn't something you'll mess around with much at first, but after awhile you'll probably wish you had tremolo to mess with. I wish I never sold my Fender Starcaster for that reason...
The Vendetta is good, but that's not to say that you get what you're spending. Its a good guitar though I'd say it was mainly built for metal being a Dean. Mine has a bit of fret buzz, urs will prob need a setup, and I wouldn't suggest getting the Vendetta with a trem, trust me. The trem was a piece of shit on my Vendetta, it hardly worked and broke pretty soon after anyway. Go with the hardtail Vendetta for sure.

In Summary: You won't be dissapointed, its a good starter guitar, but as it is cheap it will be CHEAP, so learn what you can with it, improve a bit, save up some money and get a better one before it breaks in half
My babies:
-Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird