Is there any Classic Rock, Hard rock, or Metal songs where there are NO rests at all in the LEAD GUITAR part from start to finish of the song. No 64th, No 32nd, No 16th, No 8th, No Quarter, No Half, No Whole, No rests of any kind, the LEAD GUITAR part has NO RESTS of any kind, just continuous playing from start to finish of the song, if so, can you please name me one (or a few of) the song(s)?

I am curious to hear what a song like that would sound like!

-Thanks!
I think guitar playing with a steady interval like that has a very high chance of sounding pretty dull and boring, and I've never heard anything with absolutely no changes in rhythm at all. Good luck finding one though.
Quote by BigDC
Is there any Classic Rock, Hard rock, or Metal songs where there are NO rests at all in the LEAD GUITAR part from start to finish of the song. No 64th, No 32nd, No 16th, No 8th, No Quarter, No Half, No Whole, No rests of any kind, the LEAD GUITAR part has NO RESTS of any kind, just continuous playing from start to finish of the song, if so, can you please name me one (or a few of) the song(s)?

I am curious to hear what a song like that would sound like!

-Thanks!

here ya go..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Eo1bXom2I
shred is gaudy music
Paginini's 5th caprice. Not metal, strictly speaking, but it could be played like that. Normally I find that kind of stuff (constant wall of shredding) pretty boring - it's the contrast that makes it interesting to me. Paginini's 5th is the exception - that's sounds pretty cool.
Do you allow rhythms with variance in note length, even though there are no actual rests, or just straight flows of notes like other people have assumed?
Its called moto perpetuo.

And try any pedal tone metalcore ****. Instead of rests they just trem pick the lowest note possible.

Although if you want an example of moto perpetuo sounding good, try Quintessence by Mastodon. The verse riff jumps from high to low with hybrid picking, making it stay interesting and not stale.
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Quote by isaac_bandits
Do you allow rhythms with variance in note length, even though there are no actual rests, or just straight flows of notes like other people have assumed?

I am actually talking about rhythms with variance in note length.