Page 1 of 2
Hey fellow UG Jews, happy new year (I forgot to post 10 days ago), and happy (if you can call it that) Yom Kippur.

Are you guys fasting?
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
How long do you guys fast for, I'm not jewish so I wouldn't know.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by Its So Easy
How long do you guys fast for, I'm not jewish so I wouldn't know.

24 hours, starting at sundown (which is right now) till next sundown.
Quote by Wulphy
Jews Im happy for you and I'm gonna let you finish but Kwanzaa is the best holiday of all time!

Are we still doing that or has it fallen out of favor?
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Lots O' FX
Jews Im happy for you and I'm gonna let you finish but Kwanzaa is the best holiday of all time!

It's slowing down, but that one gets a lol for unexpectedness. Here, you can have your lol now:

Quote by Wulphy
Quote by Lots O' FX

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Pipsicles
Atheist reporting in.

damn beat me to it

and no, Im enjoying a good meal here.

but, if you want to starve because magic is real then be my guest
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Back on topic, do any of you think fasting is kind of pointless for Yom Kippur? The only reason I do it is because tradition says so and my parents would get pissed if I didn't.
Honestly, the purpose of fasting for Yom Kippur is to focus on how you shall change yourself and all, but I'd be able to think clearer when I'm not hungry. :P Just my thoughts.
Quote by Wulphy
Quote by Lots O' FX

oooooooh I get it

"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Aerokizzombie
damn beat me to it

You're so cool, I wish I could be an conceited arrogant fuck too.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Last edited by eazy-c at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by eazy-c
You're so cool, I wish I could be an ignorant fuck too.

Ignorance is the state in which one lacks knowledge, is unaware of something or chooses to subjectively ignore information

So the person who believes in no god is ignorant, yeah that makes sense...
Guys this thread is for Yom Kippur, if you want to debate whether or not god is real, go to the religion thread.
Quote by Wulphy
Better?

EDIT: What exactly is Yom Kippur about?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Last edited by eazy-c at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by eazy-c
You're so cool, I wish I could be an correct fuck too.

Nah, but I've done it for you as your clearly incapable.

It makes your grammar poor though, but you can live with it.
Nice grammar.

Now stop derailing the thread.
Quote by ChemicalFire
1. No eating and drinking
2. No wearing of leather shoes
3. No bathing or washing
4. No anointing oneself with perfumes or lotions
5. No marital relations

Those be the rules, you'd better hope to god you aren't wearing loafers.
Quote by Pipsicles
Ignorance is the state in which one lacks knowledge, is unaware of something or chooses to subjectively ignore information

So the person who believes in no god is ignorant, yeah that makes sense...

And picking an argument in a thread that you have no involvement in as you have bluntly stated, does? Leave it alone.

And a happy yom kippur to all, ill make a note to say it to a couple of jewish friends now i've been reminded
Last edited by richwatkinson at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by Aerokizzombie
damn beat me to it

May I ask why you are deliberately posting in a thread about people's beliefs and simply mocking them? Please try not to be so disrespectful.

EDIT: Pipsicles, this applies to you too.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Sep 27, 2009,
L'chaim, mazel tov, and ts you should have said happy jew year in the first post
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by Rogue Hermit
May I ask why you are deliberately posting in a thread about people's beliefs and simply mocking them? Please try not to be so disrespectful.

EDIT: Pipsicles, this applies to you too.

not being disrespectful

if you want to believe that magic is real and not eat because of that, be my guest.

I wont stop you.

Im OK with it.

Go ahead.

I dont care.

Have fun.

Bonjour. (I know it doesnt mean that, but I fugured this thread needed some foreign languages)
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by Aerokizzombie
damn beat me to it

hey UGers. let's play "Guess Who Just Got Warned!"
#DTWD
Quote by Aerokizzombie
not being disrespectful

if you want to believe that magic is real and not eat because of that, be my guest.

I wont stop you.

Im OK with it.

Go ahead.

I dont care.

Have fun.

Bonjour. (I know it doesnt mean that, but I fugured this thread needed some foreign languages)

Saying somebody's beliefs are fantasies is a little disrespectful. Now, before you think I'm some religious lunatic, I'm not. I'm hardly a religious person, I just know what the word "disrespectful" means. You have no place being rude in this thread.

EDIT: Thank you Primusfan for clearing this up..
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by Pipsicles
Nah, but I've done it for you as your clearly incapable.

It makes your grammar poor though, but you can live with it.

warned for spam. stop trying to turn this into a fight. was your "atheist reporting in" post even necessary in any sense of the word? no. you're just trying to start something.

warned.
#DTWD
So you guys are supposed to not eat or bathe while thinking about yourselves? I dungeddit.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
So you guys are supposed to not eat or bathe while thinking about yourselves? I dungeddit.

it's self-discipline. something a ton of people lack nowadays. the reason everyone on UG is stupid.

including myself. i'm laaaazy.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
it's self-discipline. something a ton of people lack nowadays. the reason everyone on UG is stupid.

including myself. i'm laaaazy.

But... bathing? If I don't get a shower in the morning I feel like a giant lump of grease and filth all day. That would be one depressing holiday.

Oh well Where did it come from?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
But... bathing? If I don't get a shower in the morning I feel like a giant lump of grease and filth all day. That would be one depressing holiday.

Oh well Where did it come from?

if i recall correctly, it's a day of atonement. what they used to do was "put the sins of the community" into a goat. then they led the goat to a cliff and sacrificed it (throwing it off i think).

it's kind of a type for the sacrifice of christ in a way. it's symbolic in any event and i doubt many people kill goats anymore. but anyway ... it's a day of atonement and reflection. hence fasting.

and yeah you'd feel dirty. but it's supposed to take you out of your comfort zone.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
if i recall correctly, it's a day of atonement. what they used to do was "put the sins of the community" into a goat. then they led the goat to a cliff and sacrificed it (throwing it off i think).

it's kind of a type for the sacrifice of christ in a way. it's symbolic in any event and i doubt many people kill goats anymore. but anyway ... it's a day of atonement and reflection. hence fasting.

and yeah you'd feel dirty. but it's supposed to take you out of your comfort zone.

Animal sacrifices stopped when the Temple was destroyed by the Romans.
Feed your mind.
Huzzah for the Jews!

I'm not fasting this year, nor did I last year, because of a medical condition. I'm not going to temple either- I'm a bad Jew. But hey, I love the people!

I did used to fast and bagels never tasted so good.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Quote by stratdud39
i didnt have to go to the temple cuz i had a fever

Lucky bastard =P.
I had a fever for all of Rosh Hashannah, but it cleared up in time for everyone's favorite holiday, so now I can fast and listen to 2-hour long crappy sermons.

Also, if you're reform or even conservative, you don't really do anything but fast (I'm reform). I bathe, brush my teeth, and drink water for medicine (allergies), but orthodox Jews go through everything. It's crazy. If you're orthodox, have a few thousand kudos from me.

EDIT: also so you pitmonkeys can learn something today, Yom Kippur is the day of atonement. It's not happy at all, really. You recognize your sins and that everyone sins, then set goals for the upcoming year basically. Rosh Hashannah is the new year itself, Yom Kippur is 10 days after.
Quote by Wulphy
Last edited by Eliyahu at Sep 27, 2009,
Page 1 of 2