Hello everyone! I need some advice on pickups here. Ik that you're supposed to try em out and that there isn't a 'best', but the problem is that i have no clue how it'll work/sound since you dont find out until you've installed it.

I play a gibson les paul studio robot guitar and am in love with a warm, smooth, semi-growl-y sound. I turn the tone knobs all the way down and put flatwounds on to kill all tone on my unstrument. The jazzier and warmer, the better. I want a very full sound as well. I tried EMG's already and while they aren't bad, I'm not sure if I'm in love with them.

Anyone encountered the perfect pickup configuration for me? money isn't the problem, its all about the sound. Please give me some good advice for what would work well in my guitar considering my tastes in sound.

If this helps, i love all kinds of rock, progressive, metal, alternative, etc. i have all the way huge pedals(od, distortion, and fuzz), dunlop wah pedal, mxr bass octave pedal(works well with guitar too), small clone chorus, qtron +, boss flanger, dl-8 delay/reverb/looper, and mooger fooger ring modulator. need something that would work well with all of those, too!

thanks!!!
Instruments:
Warwick Corvette $$ natural
Steinberger 5 string fretless
Gibson Les Paul Robot
Fender Stat
Quote by xtoolfanx
Hello everyone! I need some advice on pickups here. Ik that you're supposed to try em out and that there isn't a 'best', but the problem is that i have no clue how it'll work/sound since you dont find out until you've installed it.

I play a gibson les paul studio robot guitar and am in love with a warm, smooth, semi-growl-y sound. I turn the tone knobs all the way down and put flatwounds on to kill all tone on my unstrument. The jazzier and warmer, the better. I want a very full sound as well. I tried EMG's already and while they aren't bad, I'm not sure if I'm in love with them.

Anyone encountered the perfect pickup configuration for me? money isn't the problem, its all about the sound. Please give me some good advice for what would work well in my guitar considering my tastes in sound.

If this helps, i love all kinds of rock, progressive, metal, alternative, etc. i have all the way huge pedals(od, distortion, and fuzz), dunlop wah pedal, mxr bass octave pedal(works well with guitar too), small clone chorus, qtron +, boss flanger, dl-8 delay/reverb/looper, and mooger fooger ring modulator. need something that would work well with all of those, too!

thanks!!!

it's easier to add on output than to take away output. if you don't totally like EMGs, don't buy them. IMO you can get the same effect by adding a small preamp in the guitar, like an Afterburner.

if you want Jazzier and warmer, stay away from active pickups.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
well i got them off a friend and had them installed a year ago. It was better than what came in the guitar i believe, less twang, but at the same time it had things about IT i dont like. so i currently have EMGS in there, but really want them out and didn't know of a better alternative
Instruments:
Warwick Corvette $$ natural
Steinberger 5 string fretless
Gibson Les Paul Robot
Fender Stat
EMGs arent exactly noted for their warmth, or clean tone at all for that matter. Im thinking that for jazzy tones, the less output and the older the model theyre trying to imitate, the better.
Well... I just got a set of Wolfetones that are very bright and clear however, have a very usable range throughout the entire volume and tone taper of the guitar, and you can get a very warm, jazzy tone without any mud. Very cool pickups.
I would think some PAF style pick-ups would be what you are after, the lower the output the better.
seymour duncan '59
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Quote by GuitarUser
seymour duncan '59
My Wolfetones are also late '50s/1960 PAF spec'd, but they're better than my Duncans were in just about every sense. If money is not an issue, I'd at the very least send Wolfe an email.