Poll: Which amp is superior?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which amp is superior?
Peavey Vypyr (15 watt)
15 83%
Roland Micro Cube
3 17%
Voters: 18.
Alright, I've eliminated all of the options for guitars, my choice is a Dean Vendetta XM. For amps, it WAS going to get a Roland Micro Cube but many people have been saying that they Peavey Vypyr 15 watt is as good or better than the Micro Cube. Plus, it's cheaper. It all comes down to this. WHICH AMP IS BETTER???

BTW Dean Vendetta XM is first guitar and whichever amp I choose will be the first.

I will be playing classic rock/alternative/hard rock/metal.

Peavey Vypyr
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922851-i1413605.gc

Roland Micro Cube
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp-102542180-i1175936.gc
Last edited by dsan224 at Sep 27, 2009,
Vypyr for SURE! It has a ton more effects. And it just sounds better, IMO. You can also get the Sanpera foot controller for it, although I think compatibility starts at the 30 watt model. Not sure though...
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Last edited by brleealbright at Sep 27, 2009,
I started out with the Squier and a Fender .But I've played on both.
Vypyr FTW.
I've never actually played a Vypyr but I've heard reviews. The cube, on the other hand, I know is a solid amp. It's durable and sounds pretty damn good. It can get pretty loud too.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
the Vypyr, it's more amp for less money
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by dsan224
And WHY is this?

See my post above. I edited.
For people who have a Peavey Vypyr 15, how big is the headphone jack and the iPod jack? Can you use any old earphones and plug it into the amp, or do you need like some adapter to be able to plug it into the amp?
Quote by Chaosinborn
BTW the vyper 15 does not have as many effects as the vyper 30, same goes for cube 15.

Ehh I don't care about effects it's my first amp so I just want something that sounds reasonably good.
Quote by dsan224
For people who have a Peavey Vypyr 15, how big is the headphone jack and the iPod jack? Can you use any old earphones and plug it into the amp, or do you need like some adapter to be able to plug it into the amp?

The inputs are 1/8". Any standard set of headphones should plug right in. If not, you can get a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter for a couple bucks.
Not just as a beginner amp, but as an amp in general, is it good? I don't want people saying like "aww it's your first amp, you should get this cute little thing aww thats cute for beginners *heart*" I want something that can actually pass as a decent guitar amp for intermediate and expert players alike. I want to keep the amp for a while until I get like REALLY good, you guys know what I mean.
Quote by dsan224
Not just as a beginner amp, but as an amp in general, is it good? I don't want people saying like "aww it's your first amp, you should get this cute little thing aww thats cute for beginners *heart*" I want something that can actually pass as a decent guitar amp for intermediate and expert players alike. I want to keep the amp for a while until I get like REALLY good, you guys know what I mean.

Well, any professional and most intermediate players are gonna use tube amps. This Vypyr 15 is all solid-state modeling. This is a decent beginner practice amp, but nothing more. It's definitely not stage/studio quality gear. At the very least, you're gonna want to look at a ValveKing or SpiderValve (if you want effects) or something to have it pass as decent for intermediate players. Pro players would want even higher quality, like Mesa, high-end Marshall or Peavey, or even some crazy expensive boutique stuff like Engl, Soldano, Cornford, etc.

So basically, what you have is a beginner practice amp, nothing more.
Last edited by brleealbright at Sep 27, 2009,
I have the Peavey Vypyr 15 and it is an incredible amp for the money.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Quote by brleealbright
Well, any professional and most intermediate players are gonna use tube amps. This Vypyr 15 is all solid-state modeling. This is a decent beginner practice amp, but nothing more. It's definitely not stage/studio quality gear. At the very least, you're gonna want to look at a ValveKing or SpiderValve (if you want effects) or something to have it pass as decent for intermediate players. Pro players would want even higher quality, like Mesa, high-end Marshall or Peavey, or even some crazy expensive boutique stuff like Engl, Soldano, Cornford, etc.

So basically, what you have is a beginner practice amp, nothing more.

Kk, well as long as I can learn lol.

Another question: I've been watching a lot of youtube videos with this amp, I hear good overdrive channels and a lot of good metal sounds, but does it have good acoustic/clean sounds? The Roland Micro Cube had a lot of good of those clean sounds and does this amp have good soft sounds too?
I've only messed around with it a few times, but I'm sure the cleans sound fine. At that price range, there really isn't much of a difference.
The cleans are pre tty good on this amp.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Peavey FTW. Roland amps are the worse IMO. I always read people here recommending them and I decided to try several models and I thought they failed miserably. They sound so cheesy it's not funny I thought Marshall MGs were the worse but Roland Cubes beat them hands down as the worse amp.

John
Quote by johnro6659
Peavey FTW. Roland amps are the worse IMO. I always read people here recommending them and I decided to try several models and I thought they failed miserably. They sound so cheesy it's not funny I thought Marshall MGs were the worse but Roland Cubes beat them hands down as the worse amp.

John

MGs don't suck that much. They wouldn't be Marshall if they we're so bad. I think…