I was wondering which guitar I should get, an Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty 3, or a Gibson Sg faded edition and
I play most classic rock from artists like Tom Petty and Guns 'n' Roses. If you have an amp suggestion too that would be helpful. Thanks for the help.
Budget for amp?
Budget for guitar?
gear you have now?
can you go used?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
From the information you gave us I would say the Les Paul, High end epi > low end gibson imho
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Budget for amp?
Budget for guitar?
gear you have now?
can you go used?

I'll go used, I don't want to go very high for the amp, but the guitar I'll spend the same amount for the les paul.
If it were up to me I'd go with the Epi. Although I'd suggest playing them both yourself and seeing which one feels and plays better all around.
My vote's for the Epi, I've played it before and it's sweet. I'm not a fan of the faded series at all.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Personally I like LPs much more than SGs. They Just have a much more balanced feel to them. Also, like someone else said, high end Epi > low end Gibson
I hate my sig
Don't listen to these fools who think "high end" Epi's are better than "low end Gibsons." Epiphones starting from the studio and going up to the custom are the same guitar, the more expensive ones just have inlays and more binding. Also you have to wonder how a Gibson can be Low end if it is made in the same factory, at the same time, by the same people who make the "high end models" (not talking about custom shop).

But on one note I am not a fan of how SG's or the faded finishes feel. You might also not want the 3 pickup model of a Les Paul, some people cannot stand having that 3rd pickup in their guitar. I would really reccomend trying out both guitars, they both have things on them that some people can't stand and others love.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I have a Epi Les Paul standard and a 90s Gibson SG Special (not faded). The Epiphone is a great guitar. Granted, I did play quite a few that were garbage before settling on this one. That said, the new Gibson SG Specials blow, compared to older ones. The new ones feel, play, and sound terrible (in my opinion, of course). I have played multiple ones lately, kind of hoping to find one that I liked.

The Epiphone will have a nicer tone, but to really bring out the sound, you might want new pickups
Quote by I am wet
UN-Knowledgeable Propaganda

No. The 600 dollar Epiphone customs are really great guitars.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
No. The 600 dollar Epiphone customs are really great guitars.

Yea they're great. I love my '56.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I'd grab a studio LP robot and remove all the robot stuff. A gibson bound ebony fretboard for $999?

while supplies last.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I would say the SG. Once you know the power of Gibson, you will never come back. You might as well get an early start.
"teh most gains"