Alright, all you guys up in Canada/Canuckland:
I'm being scoped out by their lacrosse team. Academically, I would be eligible for quite the amount of money in grants and scholarships.
My question, for those of you who have any information that I couldn't find on the website, is would it be worth it for me to move from Sacramento, California, to Canada? What makes it worth it? What's the campus life like? Local living? Transit?
Any help is appreciated!
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Moving from Sacramento to BC would kind of suck I imagine, just because it's so far away. Apart from that, there's not much wrong with BC, I don't live around there or go to the school but I've heard it's pretty good. I do live in BC though and I can tell you that it's a pretty chill place, we have good weed, lacrosse is our national summer sport so if you're getting a shtload of scholarships to come up here, that ain't half bad!
i live in edmonton alberta and my cousin went to simon fraser ona football scholarship. he came back after a semester because he hated it so much. they promised him a starting job if he went there and when he got there they put him in fourth string, he also didnt like the school or he would've toughed it out for a free education. i think i also heard something about their sports program being suspended for the 2009/2010 school year but im not too sure on that.
Vancouver is a really nice city and surrounding area, with a bonus of being on the ocean, but right now its kind of plagued with gang crimes. If I had a scholarship i would definatly go there...maybe play for the Vancouver Ravens?
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by Konkordmusk
Alright, all you guys up in Canada/Canuckland:
I'm being scoped out by their lacrosse team. Academically, I would be eligible for quite the amount of money in grants and scholarships.
My question, for those of you who have any information that I couldn't find on the website, is would it be worth it for me to move from Sacramento, California, to Canada? What makes it worth it? What's the campus life like? Local living? Transit?
Any help is appreciated!

Your money will be worth more, though living expenses in the Vancouver area are quite high, though I would assume they are quite high in Sacramento as well.

SFU is considered one of the best Universities in the province and I know a few people that have went there and loved it.

can't really tell you much more then that though, sorry.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
No way, I was scouted by their team as well. I had to turn them down though cuz there was no way i could afford it, even with grants and everything. Still seems like a great opportunity though. PLus if you're entering in 2010 like I am, you can check out the Olympics cuz they will be there that year. If you have the means to do it, I'd say go for it. You can play box in the offseason too, work on some things that are harder to work on in the field season.
No clue about the university, but BC is a beautiful province
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by rage24684
No way, I was scouted by their team as well. I had to turn them down though cuz there was no way i could afford it, even with grants and everything. Still seems like a great opportunity though. PLus if you're entering in 2010 like I am, you can check out the Olympics cuz they will be there that year. If you have the means to do it, I'd say go for it. You can play box in the offseason too, work on some things that are harder to work on in the field season.

I absolutely love box lacrosse. I still don't have rib pads though
My guess is that I would be able to start. Most Canadians play box lacrosse, if lacrosse at all, and thus only use a short stick. I'm a defender, so I've got the longer shaft. Yes, lacrosse does contain painful sexual references.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by Konkordmusk
I absolutely love box lacrosse. I still don't have rib pads though
My guess is that I would be able to start. Most Canadians play box lacrosse, if lacrosse at all, and thus only use a short stick. I'm a defender, so I've got the longer shaft. Yes, lacrosse does contain painful sexual references.

Haha, yeah there are an endless amount of those. But yeah, that d-pole should def give you an edge. I play attack, so I woulda had much harder time gettin playin time. But Im lookin at playin DIII out east somewhere, so we'll see what happens with that.
It's BC man. I'd move there in a heartbeat.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Here's a few perks about BC

-Some of the best dope on the planet
-Free healthcare
-Much lower crime rates than the States
-Beautiful nature
-Mountains
-Ocean
-Hot girls
-Lacrosse is pretty big
-EXTREMELY lenient marijuana laws. Most cops don't give a ****, they're doing it too

The only thing against BC is that it rains all ****ing winter!
Quote by metalhead39
Here's a few perks about BC

-Some of the best dope on the planet
-Free healthcare
-Much lower crime rates than the States
-Beautiful nature
-Mountains
-Ocean
-Hot girls
-Lacrosse is pretty big
-EXTREMELY lenient marijuana laws. Most cops don't give a ****, they're doing it too

The only thing against Vancouver is that it rains all ****ing winter!

fixed, only in the South of BC does it ever rain all winter.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
a couple of my friends go to UBC and Simon Fraser. they said it's a nice city, a bit boring sometimes and yes Vancouver does rain a lot.
My Spanish Hearts
SFU is pretty lame as a university because it's a commuter university. My mom is a professor there. The campus is on a mountain and the weather is always crazy there. The whole place is pretty uninspiring TBH. I'm a UBC student and if you have the choice, go there.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I'm not into the drug/alcohol scene. I'm just too busy athletically, really. But it does help to know that certain things are chill around there.
Weather is not an issue. I'm weather hardy.
I'm also not going just for lacrosse.
How is the school academically? Any notable names come out of there?
Quote by leeb rocks
Most people outside of the Lower Mainland will not even know what SFU is, so that should tell you something. If you're looking for a prestigious school, look elsewhere.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.