I have a jt-220, and I'm thinking of getting a bugera v55hd and some cab, probably a 212 by them as well. I know tube heads usually have to be cranked to sound optimal, but is 55 TUBE watts alot for practice? Seeing as how I can't have it fully cranked all the time.

I play classic and modern rock and blues. But I like cleans too. So should I upgrade my pups? Humbuckers cuz it's a lp
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Last edited by westdyolf at Sep 27, 2009,
55 watts tube its very ****ing loud. I own a 50 watt tube amp and have used the volume above 5 only once. When i practice i use it at about 1-1,5... But i can tell you tube amps sound amazing regardless of their volume.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

You don't NEED to crank valve amps to get them to sound GOOD, so don't worry - They just sound their 'best' when pushed.
55 watts of valve amp is very very loud.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
same situation here as Calvero mate. However i must say that 55W is a ****load of power for practice

If you use it for gigs and such then its a really good choice, but for practice sessions only its a little excessive