I'm not new to bass but I kinda am not not that much I was wondering why does everybody cream themselves of a Rickenbacker?
because they are nice instruments....

?
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Because they are exclusive, high-quality, and unique....simple as. They're fairly overpriced though...Ric's had to raise prices because they're backordered.
Nope, no sig here.
I always thought the Rickenbacker bass just looked badass...never really even played one come to think of it...
This space has been intentionally left blank.
I played it once but I wasn't to thrilled with it they need to make a 5 string Ric.
Because the wood used in them is hand cut by the keebler elves, they're hardware is forged from mithril by the dwarves of moria, and they're pickups are wound with strands of pure sex.

No, but really, Rics are expensive but you really get what you pay for. The sound and playability is a matter of personal taste, but I think most everyone can agree that they are top-notch instruments, they're quality is superb.
i've have heard that they are pretty good but i have always thought they looked ugly as hell
My bass teacher actually got one for $1200. Man, I should have asked if I could play it a bit more... >_>

Really though, the sound is very distinctive and I personally think they have an extremely comfortable neck profile.
Because Lemmy uses once OBVIOUSLY [/troll]

Nah, it's just because they use high quality materials & are made by people who know what they're doing, have you ever heard of bad quality control with Rics? Nope, why? Because they're tight. I really want a Ric, just hope I like the neck & sound.
I, personally, don't.

Not a big fan of the tone, neck or look of them.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by higgins666
Because Lemmy uses once OBVIOUSLY [/troll]

Nah, it's just because they use high quality materials & are made by people who know what they're doing, have you ever heard of bad quality control with Rics? Nope, why? Because they're tight. I really want a Ric, just hope I like the neck & sound.

They have high wuality control, but they're inconsistant. Sure, they feel good to those that they feel good to, but I've never played two rics that felt the same.
For me its the sound--nothing sounds like a Ric. Its unique and I love the way they look. But in the end its the sound.
Quote by Casketcreep
Higgins, I'm no Motorhead fan by any stretch of the imagination... but lemmys sig is a beautiful instrument.

Distant cousin of some sort?

But anyhow, I've never been too fond of their look, but I have yet to try them so I haven't made up my mind about them.

I applied the same theory to Warwicks(I gave one a try even though I hate the look of the majority of them), but the baseball bat neck is odd to play on(although with time I'm sure I'd be able to adjust; they sound great though).
Hi.
Last edited by David12390 at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
^new (as in 2009) Warwicks now have C shape necks.
yeah, I played some of the new Rockbasses at Guitar Center and the neck was quite comfortable. Those particular ones also have the 2 piece bridge now, I think.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
But dems be both brown!

Dont forget, they both have laminates and gold bridges
Quote by Casketcreep
David, I have to say they look nothing alike at all.
Not even if you squint.

Squinting doesn't change colour(except to black, as your eyes finally close(or red, if you're in the sun)) :l.

that bass just popped into mind when I saw the ric is all.
Hi.
Because McCartney uses once OBVIOUSLY [/troll]

Fixed.

Because they soudn liek angels.
Try adding more delay.
I've only ever played two before and both times i wasn't that serious about bass and was too nervous to tweak the settings on the amp. IMO they sound like new strings on crack. Plus they look pretty good aswell.

I want one but i've never played one seriously
FLCL.

If only they made them with ray-guns or something.
I don't know what I'm doing, but I still do it anyway...

Just for the lulz.
**** yeah! I was gonna post that same pic of Sleep's bassist!
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
quality of build and ease of play put Rickenbacker in a class of it's own. nobody builds a better production bass, although several companies build a better sounding bass. imo.
Quote by Centahne
I'm not new to bass but I kinda am not not that much I was wondering why does everybody cream themselves of a Rickenbacker?

two words man Lemmy Killmister
cause they are good guitars i guess xD thats why theres a big deal about them.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.