What are some exersizes that can help me improve my stamina and hand strength.For Example sometimes when I play faster riffs my hand starts to hurt well not really hurt but it bothers me and I start to slow down.What can I do to improve this?
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
its basically practice. you just hav to pace yourself. play some faster licks then ur used to and use a metronome and just speed it up faster every week or so. eventually youll get wicked fast and be able to play anything
www.facebook.com/allbutimpossible

Live Arsenal

Guitars
ESP EC1000 FR
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
ESP H1000 Deluxe
Ibanez RG7321

Amp
Line 6 Valve HD 100 Head
Line 6 Spider Valve 412VS 412 Cab

Misc
Shure PGX14 Wireless
Korg DTR-1000
try doing chromatics up and down the fretboard, ie:

A----------1-2-3-4--
E--1-2-3-4----------

across the fretboard, then move up one fret and go the otehr way, rinse and repat til the twelfth fret.

you can also try it in triplets for more pick control, leave off the last note on each string.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Do the songs i am the black wizards, disposable heroes and master of puppets start with half of the speed and very slowly go upwards in the beginning it will really useless and u will not see any improvement but believe me in the end it will come.
its my fretting hand that bothers me.I do scales and such Iv been playing far around 3 years. It does it really only when I play master of puppets lolIts more or less around the joint of my thumb.
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Quote by Sicon
its my fretting hand that bothers me.I do scales and such Iv been playing far around 3 years. It does it really only when I play master of puppets lolIts more or less around the joint of my thumb.

Well from the sound of things i believe its just tension building up as you play. You're probably gripping the guitar neck too tight especially as you get to faster playing speeds. Practice at slower speeds and look specifically for the point at which tension starts to build and work at getting rid of it. It will take some time but at the end it will be worth it.