Alright guys, I know this thread is probably going to end up being stupid...

I'm gonna start out by saying I like Megadeth way more than Metallica, they've always been more "hard-hitting" to me. BUT I like Metallica AND Megadeth.

What this thread is about is why the hell do people bitch about taking sides on this stupid feud that's been going on for decades. If you like something, listen to it. Don't just be an ignorant asshole and say you like Metallica but hate Megadeth just because you feel obligated to stay on the Metallica fan boys side...

The reason i'm posting this is because my best friend used to be obsessed with Metallica and hated Megadeth before he met me. Now that i've gotten him into, and converted him to the world of progressive and extreme death metal, while also teaching him to be more open minded, He still has to act like he hates Megadeth... He told me once that his Uncle said, "never listen to them, they suck" or some crap like that...

Btw, when I play him a Megadeth solo or something, he's like wow that's cool, but then I tell him it's Megadeth and he just acts like he wasn't impressed at all... it's really ridiculous you know? I guess i'm just tired of people being herded like god damn sheep...
Most people on UG aren't very nice.

That is my signature.

This is true.
Wow, you know that's really profound and *reported*

Artillery is what this thread should be about. Khomaniac
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by progbass
Testament is better than both of them

and Artillery

and Death Angel

Ok, but this thread is mainly about ignorant people.

That is my signature.

This is true.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Wow, you know that's really profound and *reported*

Artillery is what this thread should be about. Khomaniac

Reported for what?... That's ridiculous...

That is my signature.

This is true.
^We've had this a thousand times before, and it always ends badly, not reporting this thread to be a douche, it's just this has been done too many times.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Coroner. Or Anacrusis.

EDIT: Rather, Coroner vs Anacrusis.

Quote by progbass
Testament is better than both of them

and Death Angel

No.
Last edited by HamburgerBoy at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by The Virtuoso
^We've had this a thousand times before, and it always ends badly, not reporting this thread to be a douche, it's just this has been done too many times.

Sorry, I didn't know... But to be honest this whole taking sides thing really does piss me off.. Lol

That is my signature.

This is true.
I know, it's puerile and retarded, but whatever. It's okay, it's just this happens a lot and we be closed anyways, so just giving you a heads up.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by progbass
whats wrong with Testament and Death Angel?

Half of Testament's career was pretty generic (88-92), and Death Angel is basically an alternative/grunge Anthrax, their amateur debut aside. Testament's not bad, but did nothing Metallica and Megadeth didn't do years before.
meh

I just prefer their material to what was released from the others is all

to each his own

besides, im not much of a thrash fan anyways
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by InvaderTSN
i relly liked cliff burtons playin on reload

wow...ur a dick
Cliff Burton died on this day back in the 80's
U better be joking about this!
Quote by Death11
wow...ur a dick
Cliff Burton died on this day back in the 80's
U better be joking about this!

But how do you explain that album having bass, and ...And Justice For All having none?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Derr, Scott Reeder should be 75% of the world's bass players replacement...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
But how do you explain that album having bass, and ...And Justice For All having none?

and justice for all was mixed poorly, james and lars couldn't agree on a way to mix it, and it yielded that horrible bassless mess. newstead was fuming about it, but didn't say anything because he was still new to the band.

what album are you talking about "having bass"
Last edited by tknick90 at Sep 27, 2009,
Hermano + QOTSA > Kyuss

CONTROVERSIAL.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Religulous
Alright guys, I know this thread is probably going to end up being stupid...

I only needed to read the title and it was already stupid.
Philosophy > Life
Kirk Hammett is a tool. But I love those first 4 Metallica albums.

I like lots of Megadeth songs, but there's no one Megadeth album I really love, other than Rust in Peace, because Marty Friedman is awesome. But there are so many awesome Megadeth songs.
Ibanez S520EX ~ Roland Cube 30X ~ Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm
Quote by eazy-c
Hermano + QOTSA > Kyuss

CONTROVERSIAL.

No wai! I think we are getting a little off topic here. Can we please go back to the original topic of Artillery discussion?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ