Okay so I palyed the EC 1000 a while back at a Sam Ash store and loved it but Im wondering if for the extra money if its that much berrer than the EC 401? Has anybody played both and what can you tell me difference wise I could afford both but I would like to save the extra 200 or so dollars if I could, thanks in advance!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
From what I see, there isn't much difference except there's a locking bridge and more colors on the EC 1000.

EDIT: The EC 1000 is solid Mahogany, and the EC 401 has a flamed maple top with a mahogany back.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
Last edited by bombsquadjunky at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by bombsquadjunky
From what I see, there isn't much difference except there's a locking bridge and more colors on the EC 1000.

EDIT: The EC 1000 is solid Mahogany, and the EC 401 has a flamed maple top with a mahogany back.

They're the same, except for the wood grades, hardware, and the place of manufacture.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
They're the same, except for the wood grades, hardware, and the place of manufacture.

Well I guess that settles it then
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
Quote by bombsquadjunky
Well I guess that settles it then

they use the same wood in the top of the line ltd's as they do in the ltd deluxe's. say's so on there web site top of the line wood only comes on an actual esp.
I know all of that I can read specs, but as far as durability playibility and built quality, I dont need a locking bridge because I want to use it for multiple tunings and I already have 2 guitars with a floyd, and as far as colors Im getting it in black either way, so let me know as far as that goes if its worth the extra $200? thanks guys
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
I think the LTD deluxe series has 5-piece neck while the 400s are of 3-pieces neck. Might make a different.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R