So im gonna modified a squier mini strat im buying this week .. i want to put a humbucker in it .. ive heardshould replace the pot by a 500k and i will probably have to cut the pickguard to fit the humbucker .

im gonna change the tuning key for locking tuning keys .

my question is are these modification any hard ??? to do myself .. i have a soldering iron .

im gonna get the guitar a nice set up after

so i called my local guitar tech .. and ask how much would that be to install the locking tuning keys and humbucker .... and hes really BY THE BOOK price so it like 150 $

guitar tune up : 60$

installing the humbucker ( which i supply)and changing pots and make it fit : another 60 $

installing locking tuning keys ( which i supply also ) :30 $

he really count every thing as a single operation so it set my up to around 150 $ and i supply the locking tuning keys and the humbucker ..

so im trying to save on the tuning keys and humbucker by installing them myself . is it really hard ???? i could save like a 100 $ . by doing so .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
not hard at all, in fact, damn easy. Check the routing on your mini strat to see if it will accept a humbucker without any modification. If not all you gotta do is route it out to fit a humbucker.

Tuning keys should pretty much be drop in replacements, unless you get sperzels, in which case you just have to drill a few holes.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Okay, cool. If you're buying the fender, I think they are just drop in replacements, definately not a $30 job.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!