I'm going to visit Japan soon, and was thinking of buying a Jackson Stars KE2 Kelly. I live in Canada, and the humidity in Japan compared to Canada is very different (It is VERY humid in Japan). I know i should buy a humidifier, but will I have to keep on using it for as long as I keep the guitar? Will there be a point in the guitar's life where I won't have to use the humidifier anymore?
Morris Les Paul copy
Jackson DKXT Dinky
Seagull Acoustic

Roland Cube 15
Line 6 spider IV 75
I think if you left it in a humidified room, and only took it out to play it, then you wouldn't need to humidify the whole house.... Sorry I have no better advice.
How about if I have to play at a gig?
Morris Les Paul copy
Jackson DKXT Dinky
Seagull Acoustic

Roland Cube 15
Line 6 spider IV 75
you jsut have to have the guitar set up differently for use here.

the humidity will change the guitar but if its constantly around that humidity it will remain the same (obviously). Youll have the truss rod adjusted and what not and itll be fine.

How do you think they get all the other japanese guitars here?

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
The wood will gradually settle to the new conditions. I have no idea how long this takes though. I live in South Australia which is extremely dry compared to Indonesia, where my guitar was made.
I think you may be overacting a bit ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

dude you dont need a humidifier. If it were an acoustic a humidifier would be important. Not with electrics. When you get it back to canada you will need to do a setup. thats it.

i have the same prob, my guits come from england and i live in south africa (very humid to very dry). And all i ever need to do is a setup after they have settled for a few weeks
Yeah, on electrics you don't need to worry as much about humidity.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I have a Japson and live in humidity year round but my place always has the AC on so its actually too dry. Every time I gig I take it out in the high humidity and it effects the setup. After 2 days back at home the setup returns to normal. Usually a truss rod adjustment will fix any problems when moving to another location and humidity will seldom really "damage" a decent solidbody guitar.
What I hate is at home its nice and dry and cool when I practice, then at gigs I sweat a lot and my hands get wet and it really effects my playing.
Last edited by Tempoe at Sep 29, 2009,
peronally id otn think 20000feet is very humd in a plane so your screwwed if you worry aout ti that much and on a boat well yeah exactly its not that humid in adry container for 4 or 5 weeks. realy man as long as you set it up whenits gets here then youll be ok
Wdaubo
Stuff:
Gibson Darkfire, JVM410H+1960A
Mg100DFX MG30FX MGs!(i know they are crap)
Fender american standard strat
Ephiphone les paul studio
Ovation applause Acoustic
Hopefully a warmoth build in the near future!