Ipod Touch
16 38%
Other
9 21%
Keep Zune 80
0 0%
Voters: 42.
Page 1 of 2
im in the market for a new mp3 player, but not sure which one to get. ill mainly use it as a music only player, but will store some pictures on there. im probably going to get a zune hd or i[od touch, but would like yalls opionis. I would be getting the 32 gb version of either. My current mp3 is a Zune 80, but the screecn is cracked beyond recongnition and my waranty is expired. If you select other, please list your recemendation of either. My budgut is $500.00
I prefer a Zunepodevision set. What's that? You don't know what that is? Exactly.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
The iPod touch is good as it fits in your budget and you can do things such as go on the internet, play free games etc.
You have $500 to spend on an mp3 player?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse

Exactly. Kids these days.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
/new amp
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by SteveHouse

This. I spent $200 on my second gen nano 4 years ago, and I still use it.
Save up a little more and get a good guitar.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Zune HD. Everyone is too busy performing fellatio on Apple to see that the Zune HD is better if they voted for the iPod touch.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Zune HD. Everyone is too busy performing fellatio on Apple to see that the Zune HD is better if they voted for the iPod touch.

Boy, you convinced us

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Masonpwiley

Obviously you haven't seen the hand-made signs by my house that say "Micro$oft Destroys Souls."

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by SteveHouse

my sarcastic way off saying working in a pharmacy can result in getting a raise, that and i can actually save my money
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
This. I spent $200 on my second gen nano 4 years ago, and I still use it.
Save up a little more and get a good guitar.

Im happy with my guitar
Quote by bmorse
Im happy with my guitar

Amp. If not, then don't spend so much on the MP3 player. There is this thing out there called a savings account.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by SteveHouse
Boy, you convinced us
Well, it's just kind of annoying that everyone and their dog has an iPod and they are completely ignorant to the fact that there are better MP3 players.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Amp. If not, then don't spend so much on the MP3 player. There is this thing out there called a savings account.

Again, the mp3 wont run 500, i was being sarcastic. Im pretty happy with my current rig, the one one my profile isnt updated, but the mp3 is handy seeing as my giving lessons to kids requires them hearing the song
Quote by Masonpwiley
Well, it's just kind of annoying that everyone and their dog has an iPod and they are completely ignorant to the fact that there are better MP3 players.

There's probably better out there than Zune, too.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
There's probably better out there than Zune, too.

Such as an iPod.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by bmorse
Im happy with my guitar

Save it for when you're not?

I mean, since you're so keen on saving and all.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Such as an iPod.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse

The Zune is always having some weird problem.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

I once got an iPod, it lasted for 3 months. The Zune I have now has been going perfect for over a year.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Like what? The only widespread problem happened with the old Zune 30's because of the leap year but it only lasted for 24 hours and it fixed itself.
who cares, the dude wants to spend his money, let him.

im a zune fan so i say get a zune hd.

and stop with the senseless arguing over which is better. everyone has their opinion as to which is better for whatever reason.
Quote by jettzypher
who cares, the dude wants to spend his money, let him.

im a zune fan so i say get a zune hd.

and stop with the senseless arguing over which is better. everyone has their opinion as to which is better for whatever reason.
The only reason I could see that the iPod Touch is better is that it has more apps. The Zune HD will get more apps with time though. It was just released. The iPod touch didn't even have an SDK when it was first released if I remember correctly.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Is it red and in circular form? Innnnnnnnnnnnnnteresting....

They need a :scratcheschin: face.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by Well.......
I once got an iPod, it lasted for 3 months. The Zune I have now has been going perfect for over a year.

I broke an iPod nano first gen because I was an idiot. The other one I've had for at least three years now, and my only complaint is it freezes when it gets hot now (lolparadox).

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

All of my friend's Zunes have randomly shut off, not transferred music, etc.
No real problems with an iPod, unless they're idiots and don't take care of em.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
All of my friend's Zunes have randomly shut off, not transferred music, etc. because they're idiots and don't take care of em.
Fix'd.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Fix'd.

No, one of my friends who's almost OCD with his stuff had the most problems.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
No, one of my friends who's almost OCD with his stuff had the most problems.
I'm pretty rough with my Zune and it hasn't has one problem (sans the leap year thing) so I don't know what he did to break it. No company can mass produce something and have any of it screw up, so maybe he just got a bad one.

I remember something about exploding iPod touches. See? Nobody is perfect. Every product is gonna have problems some of the time.
Unless you have a LOT of music, don't get a hard disk player. I have about 17GB, so I bought an iPod Classic 80GB a couple of years ago, which died this year, and a Zune 80GB, which died in less than 6 months. Some hard disk failure or something; I take good care of all my stuff.

Just get one without a hard disk so you don't have those kind of problems. I'm going to see if I can return the Zune and get a (now) $300 iPod touch.
Ibanez S520EX ~ Roland Cube 30X ~ Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm
I'm trying to decide between the zune hd and ipod touch as well.

I'm leaning towards the ipod touch because of the app store. I don't think the zune marketplace will ever have too many apps because microsoft themselves are the ones who make the apps...no 3rd party support I think.

Most likely ipod touch for me, but I'm trying not to be biased here. The zune definitely has the better features overall; better battery life and better screen are the biggest ones I know of. HD radio isn't something that's really worth mentioning considering that the ipod touch will gain accessibility to FM radio once apple/a 3rd party developer enables it (a teardown of the touch revealed it has an fm radio transmitter/receiver)

Also, if you want to use the HD output on the zune, you have to buy a separate $90 dock. That just sucks.

EDIT:

if you want a stellar music/video player, zune hd

if you're looking for more of a pocket computer all-in-one kind of device, ipod touch.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Sep 28, 2009,
My thoughts on Zune HD vs Ipod Touch based on what I do know.

Ipod Touch has bigger screen, looks a little sleeker, offers 64GB model for $395 at the Wal Mart where I work (I'm in electronics ) and it can play HD, though I don't know that it's HD display. More apps at the time, and I guess Apple wants break into the handheld gaming market through games for Ipod Touch.

Zune HD has 720p OLED display, 720p is the best you can get on such a small screen (many Tvs under 32" are only 720p) and OLED offers brighter and truer color, along with a bigger contrast ratio (number of shades between black and white). Also, if Zune did it correctly, LED can be set to use a smaller amount of power than LCD so that it can use less power. Some flashlights use LEDs and can have a very long battery life and still be bright at only 15% power. Zune has pretty much all of the features of Ipod Touch and a couple of bonuses. You won't have to jailbreak it to use something like Firefox and it's got a processor that is capable of running Xbox games (regular, not Xbox 360). Only thing I don't like is that it's got a smaller screen and doesn't look quite as sleek. The apps are a little limited, but Microsoft expects to be able to compete with Apple's app store soon.

I'd personally go with Zune if the price per gigabite is comparable (EDIT: 16GB Ipod is $195; 16GB Zune is $219). I got really excited because my store was selling all of the old displays we had for the Ipods. My boss said they'd be $114. I hoped to be able to get the 16GB Ipod Touch we had on display, but apparently we were keeping it since there isn't a whole lot of difference between the 2nd and 3rd gens (not enough to need a new display model )
Last edited by dudius at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by dudius
My thoughts on Zune HD vs Ipod Touch based on what I do know.

Ipod Touch has bigger screen, looks a little sleeker, offers 64GB model for $395 at the Wal Mart where I work (I'm in electronics ) and it can play HD, though I don't know that it's HD display. More apps at the time, and I guess Apple wants break into the handheld gaming market through games for Ipod Touch.

Zune HD has 720p OLED display, 720p is the best you can get on such a small screen (many Tvs under 32" are only 720p) and OLED offers brighter and truer color, along with a bigger contrast ratio (number of shades between black and white). Also, if Zune did it correctly, LED can be set to use a smaller amount of power than LCD so that it can use less power. Some flashlights use LEDs and can have a very long battery life and still be bright at only 15% power. Zune has pretty much all of the features of Ipod Touch and a couple of bonuses. You won't have to jailbreak it to use something like Firefox and it's got a processor that is capable of running Xbox games (regular, not Xbox 360). Only thing I don't like is that it's got a smaller screen and doesn't look quite as sleek. The apps are a little limited, but Microsoft expects to be able to compete with Apple's app store soon.

I think the zune hd actually looks better than the ipod touch, but that's all subjunctive And will zune really get firefox? I've heard bad things about the current web browser that's installed on the zune.

And as far as gaming goes on the zune, yeah it'll be able to play xbox and xbox live arcade games, but would you want to play those games using touchscreen? I think the controls would make the games much less fun...I personally prefer the simple addictive time waster games on handheld devices.

edit: and steve jobs is an idiot, claiming that the ipod touch is a "gaming device". I think he said that because there were rumors of the ipod touch getting a camera, but supposedly they had some problems installing the cameras correctly, so he just decided to scrap the cameras from the touch and claim that it's a gaming device. I don't know if the manufacturing defects rumors are true or not though.

the ipod touch battery is terrible for gaming. If it's truly a gaming device, try making the battery life for gaming more than 3-4 hours
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by ilikeguitar90
I think the zune hd actually looks better than the ipod touch, but that's all subjunctive And will zune really get firefox? I've heard bad things about the current web browser that's installed on the zune.

And as far as gaming goes on the zune, yeah it'll be able to play xbox and xbox live arcade games, but would you want to play those games using touchscreen? I think the controls would make the games much less fun...I personally prefer the simple addictive time waster games on handheld devices.

edit: and steve jobs is an idiot, claiming that the ipod touch is a "gaming device". I think he said that because there were rumors of the ipod touch getting a camera, but supposedly they had some problems installing the cameras correctly, so he just decided to scrap the cameras from the touch and claim that it's a gaming device. I don't know if the manufacturing defects rumors are true or not though.

the ipod touch battery is terrible for gaming. If it's truly a gaming device, try making the battery life for gaming more than 3-4 hours

I was just saying that the Zune could be capable since it's a friggin 5-core in a handheld device. Overkill, or indulgent? I'd probably indulge.
Page 1 of 2