Page 1 of 2
About a year ago I got one of the unibody macbooks. I mean the first model, like the 13" regular unibody macbook that i think they dont sell anymore

So anyway, the screen cracked.
We got it repaired here for $197

but about a month (mebe like 35-37 days) after we got it back, the screen cracked again
were thinking it had something to do with the whole soft aluminum behind a glass screen thing, but thats besides the point

after we got it repaired the first time, i also noticed that the screen was off center. if any of you have one, you know the rubber padding that surrounds the screen? the glass wasnt reaching it. which meant that if you slightly touch it, it bends a bit there. last time i checked, glass wasnt supposed to bend.

so anyway, the warranty for the repair is 90 days, which means this falls under it. does anyone think ill be able to get the screen replaced again? (i mean without having to pay again)

oh
and any "get a pc" or the like comments
and i will make you explode
violently
with my fist
Quote by sporkman7
oh
violently
with my fist

You'd whomp us?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by sporkman7

violently
with my fist

this I would like to see, and with that being said..

get a pc
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
glass doesn't bend...plastics do. might be a plexiglass type thing. i really don't know...either way sounds like cheap manufacturing for it to break so often.....

your options.... get a pc......hehe
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
you cant get it replaced by apple, period.

maybe the other company would replace it for you, probably no one here knows the specifics of the company's warranty policy.

ok, thats the answer to the thread, i think everyone should just start making fun of him now.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Well you can keep paying or it, or you can just get a new one. Bear with me though, i know your saying i just got this etc, but if the screen has cracked twice, than its obvious something is wrong..

Try and see if you can get it replaced, if not either buy a cheaper pc, or go for the macbook..

I really don't know any other way to help.
your only option is ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................get a pc
pc's are completely inferior to mac's. dont listen to these 13 year olds of the pit. assuming your warranty is from applecare, ask them
Quote by innertom
your only option is ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................get a pc

boom
Quote by Thor36
pc's are completely inferior to mac's. dont listen to these 13 year olds of the pit. assuming your warranty is from applecare, ask them

nope. he replaced his screen through a third party. all warranty is gone.
Pc.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Quote by sporkman7
this.
applecare did nothing

how much was the cost for apple to replace the screen themselves?
Quote by sporkman7
about $700 IIRC
and the comp itself cost 1600 (from what my dad remembers)
which pisses me off, cuz the 13" pro is 1200 now

yep, looks like you gotta drop another g right here and get another. either that or a pc.
^ yep
Quote by Zugunruhe
yep, looks like you gotta drop another g right here and get another. either that or a pc.

im never going back to dell. we got an inspiron 1525, and we had to send it in for repairs 2 times within the first 4 months, and we had to use the online support chat at least 17 times
Quote by Thor36

I detect irony.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
*fail in the force*

Awww

*exits thread*
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
*yet another pic

Do you ever actually say anything?
This is not thread worthy, no one in the pit knows this. Ask the repair place.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by baddog144
Do you ever actually say anything?

edit:
Quote by EnyoAdonai
This is not thread worthy, no one in the pit knows this. Ask the repair place.

Quote by sporkman7
about $700 IIRC
and the comp itself cost 1600 (from what my dad remembers)
which pisses me off, cuz the 13" pro is 1200 now

Holy crap, $700 to replace the screen?

For that you can get a new PC!

Seriously though, get a windowsbased PC. It costs less.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Get a PC.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by Kensai
Holy crap, $700 to replace the screen?

For that you can get a new PC!

Seriously though, get a windowsbased PC. It costs less.

Noo...

Ts why didn't you get apple protect? It's so cheap and you get free repairs for like 2 years!

I suggest taking it back to the shop WHERE YOU BOUGHT IT and arguing it's not fit for purpose until they repair it. Buy the warranty next time. £50 for 2 years repairs for free? silly boy, should have taken it.
Quote by ShallowEndings
^He said he did, but apple didn't help..

But yeah, i got extended warranty, due to the fact i was at school, with a $2000 laptop.

Well it's like a legal requirement that they repair it if you have proof you purchased apple protect.
He should contact citizen's advice if they are refusing to repair it when still under warranty.
^it surely is not a legal requirement of any kind. he lost his warranty when he dropped the computer.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Noo...

Ts why didn't you get apple protect? It's so cheap and you get free repairs for like 2 years!

I suggest taking it back to the shop WHERE YOU BOUGHT IT and arguing it's not fit for purpose until they repair it. Buy the warranty next time. £50 for 2 years repairs for free? silly boy, should have taken it.

applecare will not replace a cracked screen/any accidental or water damage. usually the out of warranty repair cost is just enough that you might as well purchase a new one.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Well it's like a legal requirement that they repair it if you have proof you purchased apple protect.
He should contact citizen's advice if they are refusing to repair it when still under warranty.

Tbh, the amount of time i spent in the mac forums, i never heard of someone with a cracked screen. I didn't think you could repair that, and even if mac wanted to help you'd be walking on the thin ice of warranty. Not exactly a small job. Yeah he can say he has proof, but maybe its one of those things how their saying 'if it happens twice, why fix it again.. Save your money and guarantee it won't happen again'

I'm pretty sure the warranty covers stuff like cracks in the shell, keyboard failure, not sure about scratches, maybe.. But cracks in the screen
Quote by ShallowEndings
I'm pretty sure the warranty covers stuff like cracks in the shell, keyboard failure, not sure about scratches, maybe.. But cracks in the screen

the warranty does not cover accidental damage. scratches, cracks from dropping, water damage, etc...
wow. I should learn to read original posts. I didn't know he dropped it

I really think he should keep bugging them until they try and repair it though. Prove it was accidental.

(although working in retail, you can ALWAYS tell when something's been dropped/sat on. ALWAYS.)
Page 1 of 2