I need some new strings for my 2 guitars.

Which should i get ?

One of them is tuned for drop c, now i got 10's on them but i think i will get a higher gauge maybe 11 or 12 - what is recommended ?

the other got 9's and its used for standard tuning, dont know if i should get it some 10's?

Which brand is recommended for heavy metal? - i have tried some rotosound and ernie ball top heavy bottom, but are there better out there?
First off, We'd need to know what kind of guitar do you have?

12s are great for drop C and lower, Don't try to go any higher if you have a tremolo of any kind unless you adjust the screws in it. You might also have to file in the nut a bit, I had to.

10s good for standard tuning, you're not going to feel too much of a different going from 9s to 10s though. 11s would be plenty tighter if thats what you want.

And, I prefer Elixirs myself. Out of all the brands i've tried they last the longest.
Last edited by Nevermind1299 at Sep 28, 2009,
im in the same situation as you
im getting 10s for my standard tuning and 12s for my jackson js30rr in drop c because i do sometimes go lower to c standard or drop b
Last edited by notsominidude at Sep 28, 2009,
Got a Ibanez S320 for drop c, and a copy strat for standard tuning.
For Ibanez try Ernie Ball coated Power or Beefy Slinky. As for the Strat Copy, try Ernie Ball coated Regular Slinky. The coated strings sound great and will last for about 5 months!
I can play guitar!

Randy Rhoads FTW!

Proud owner of a GMW Polka Dot V.

Gear:
GMW Polka Dot V
Gibson Explorer Pro
Epiphone G-400

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Explorerpro
For Ibanez try Ernie Ball coated Power or Beefy Slinky. As for the Strat Copy, try Ernie Ball coated Regular Slinky. The coated strings sound great and will last for about 5 months!

Thank you for your advice, I will take it to consideration, when im out to get some new strings. Just bought some rotosound strings, it was the only brand my local guitar shop had. Next time I will need to order the strings online.