I want to get the sound from Disturbed - Down with the Sickness, it sound pretty good with my VT30, but i think i need a little heavy boost.

Dan Donegan from Disturbed got his own signature pedal - The Weapon. But its hard to get, and is a little expensive.

Couldnt a similar heavy pedal to the job?
you wanna boost your distortion? get a sd-1 or ts 808 copy.
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Quote by GuitarUser
you wanna boost your distortion? get a sd-1 or ts 808 copy.

He's using a solid state amp - he' needs a dist pedal, not OD

TS - Hardwire TL-2 or EHX Metal Muff
There's actually a Disturbed signature distortion from digitech...called "The weapon" I think..but I don't know if it's any good?

Edit: This
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Last edited by hendrixftw at Sep 28, 2009,
Sorry, didnt knew his amp...

Man you know Dan uses a Triple Rectifier, so its not that easy to get his sound out of a pedal....

you're better off combining distortion and overdrive and make a sound you like...
I can get a lot of tones combining my MI Audio Crunch Box and a Boss SD-1...
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Quote by hendrixftw
He's using a solid state amp - he' needs a dist pedal, not OD

TS - Hardwire TL-2 or EHX Metal Muff
There's actually a Disturbed signature distortion from digitech...called "The weapon" I think..but I don't know if it's any good?

The EHX Metal Muff looks good, and it aint to expensive. Would that be the best choice in that price range?
Metal Muff, V2 Jekyll and Hyde, Boss Metal Core, Krank Distortus Maximus, or i always recommend a Peavey Vypyr. You can get one for under $200 which is two pedals and it comes with 12 built in pedal simulators, and 24 amp models including a Recifier.
Just recently got a Vox VT30 and im really happy with that, and i heard the metal muff on youtube, it sounds awsome - i think im getting that.
Quote by hendrixftw

It's awesome, I've got two for sale, TS, you should buy 'em both!
Quote by GuitarUser
Sorry, didnt knew his amp...

Man you know Dan uses a Triple Rectifier, so its not that easy to get his sound out of a pedal....

you're better off combining distortion and overdrive and make a sound you like...
I can get a lot of tones combining my MI Audio Crunch Box and a Boss SD-1...

Obviously you won't get the exact tone but i have to disagree with this, the Triple Rectifier is the generic go-to amp for hard rock/heavy metal, thats why just about modelling amp has a "Recto" setting or something similar. Nothing springs to mind but i would bet money that there is a pedal that suits his needs.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by GrisKy
It's awesome, I've got two for sale, TS, you should buy 'em both!

I think that "the weapon" is overrated and overpriced just because its signatured by Dan Donegan, and the cost for it in denmark is insane. Think i will be very happy with the metal muff, read really good reviews about it
Quote by JaX89dk
I think that "the weapon" is overrated and overpriced just because its signatured by Dan Donegan, and the cost for it in denmark is insane. Think i will be very happy with the metal muff, read really good reviews about it

STFU Jax!

TS, really, buy them from me, seriously. buy them... seriously.

in other news, dan donnegan plays Randall amps, not Mesa.
infact, they make his signature preamp, a 1086 MTS module.

oh, wait, you are TS... hehe..heh...

buy them. buy them now Jax, you know you want to (but only if you buy them from me).
Last edited by GrisKy at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by GrisKy
STFU Jax!

TS, really, buy them from me, seriously. buy them... seriously.

in other news, dan donnegan plays Randall amps, not Mesa.
infact, they make his signature preamp, a 1086 MTS module.

oh, wait, you are TS... hehe..heh...

buy them. buy them now Jax, you know you want to (but only if you buy them from me).

If you will sell it cheap and ship it to Denmark, then i might be interested