Poll: Which one is better for me?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one is better for me?
Blackstar HT-5
22 51%
Egnater Rebel 20
21 49%
Voters: 43.
Which one you you guys think is better?

With the Egnater, I can only get the 1x12 Egnater cab, but since the Blackstar HT-5 is cheaper, I can get a Blackstar Artisan 2x12 cab.

I'm using this for room practice, and my budget is USD900 and I mainly play from Jazz to heavy rock to even some progressive metal.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
Egnater
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Ht5
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
both are quality amps, so perhaps you should have a sit down with each and let your ears decide.

...but since you ask, for my money, ht5.
HT-5 all the way.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I say Egnator, but only because I don't want to see another HT-5 NAD.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by GrisKy
both are quality amps, so perhaps you should have a sit down with each and let your ears decide.

...but since you ask, for my money, ht5.

+1
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Egnator

You can get some amazing tone with that thing, and the Blackstar doesn't come with a wattage selecter knob.
Both are pretty good but they sound a fair bit different, the HT-5 is definitely more compressed, more focused in tone, but then again, it's also 5 watts. I like the Egnator though, I've A/B'ed the two amps before and in the end preferred the Egnator.
I own an HT-5 and I love it, sounds great, surprsingly loud and alot of gain on tap! never tried and egnater though.
I own an Egnater Rebel, and I'd like to say that it's a great amp for everything you mentioned except progressive rock. If you run a boost/OD in front of it, it would be excellent. I'd go with Egnater + Bad Monkey into Avatar 1x12 cab. The Egnater cab isn't as good as the Avatars.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
See my sig - it's what I spent my money on. No regrets so far.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by phlip999
Egnator

You can get some amazing tone with that thing, and the Blackstar doesn't come with a wattage selecter knob.

Quote by tubetime86
I say Egnator, but only because I don't want to see another HT-5 NAD.

EgnatEr

it's with an "E", people. get it straight. not to be a prick, but just take the time to make sure you know the amp's name befor you suggest it, 'kay?

anywhos, the Rebel is a solid amp. you can get a very decent amount of gain out of it, at least for early metal (Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest). if you have a good boost/OD, the sky's the limit.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Alright guys, i've tried the egnater. Its pretty awsome, but lacks gain compared to the HT-5. If I add a OD or Distortion pedal, could I get as much gain as a Mesa Rectifier(Dream T to be specific)[Not sure how to phrase this, sorry!]?

P.S : I tried the egnater at 1-3watts mode as I wanted to be considerate and didnt blast the amp at the store. Does it sound better on higher wattage settings?
Gear:
06' Symphony SD54
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Last edited by GuitarGuy X at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by GuitarGuy X
Alright guys, i've tried the egnater. Its pretty awsome, but lacks gain compared to the HT-5. If I add a OD or Distortion pedal, could I get as much gain as a Mesa Rectifier(Dream T to be specific)[Not sure how to phrase this, sorry!]?

P.S : I tried the egnater at 1-3watts mode as I wanted to be considerate and didnt blast the amp at the store. Does it sound better on higher wattage settings?

I run mine with the watts knob all the way up, and the volume on around 2 for home practice. When everyone's out of the house, I'll pull it up to 3, and it is a BIG difference!
Quote by GuitarGuy X

with an Od, it can get into metal and prog territory. i suggest the Boss BD2, the MXR ZW44 and the MXR GTOD.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
A good cheap overdrive, especially for boosting is the dano cool cat drive. Similiar to the fulltone ocd.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
^I hope you're kidding, because if not, YOU are retarded.

The title of this thread is is "What's better for me".
The poll doesn't lie.

...well it might, but I don't think so.
i liek teh eggeh
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
If you're playing jazz, the Egnater is the way to go. The blackstar doesn't have nearly the cleans the Egnater does and you can always add gain with a pedal for the heavier stuff.
Say if I ran a PODXT through the Egnater to make up for the gain. Will it work?
Gear:
06' Symphony SD54
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT