so i want to get a good delay pedal and ive been putting some serious thought into getting on of these. can i get some opinions?
i do really want to have a hold function like on the dd-7. does anybody happen to know if thats on the novas?
thanks
what do you mean by hold function? a looper? if so, then the nova repeater doesnt have one.

id seriously consider the tech 21 boost dla's (new one with tap tempo). i bought myself one a few weeks ago instead of a nova repeater. unless your going for stale digital delays, the dla is MILES ahead of it. beautiful sounding pedal.
are those our only choices? if so, why do you even need to ask? nova, hands down.

wtf man, wtf?
Quote by GrisKy
are those our only choices? if so, why do you even need to ask? nova, hands down.

wtf man, wtf?

Nova Delay is the best delay out there IMO.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by OrangeWalls

Nova Delay is the best delay out there IMO.

WOOOAAAHH ther dude. That's not AT ALL what I' saying. I'm saying it's better than the DD-7, and I'll even throw in *most* other digital stompbox delays. hel, I'll throw in all digital delays in its price range considering its versatility, but it's far from "the best delay out there."

not even close.
NOT EVEN CLOSE.

That's echo folks is one of the best. For digital, Eventide Time Factor is up there, but theres even better.
Quote by BGSM
NOT EVEN CLOSE.

That's echo folks is one of the best. For digital, Eventide Time Factor is up there, but theres even better.

Nightraven'd.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I just traded a DD-7 and some cash for a ND-1 and IMO the hands down winner is the T.C. and i one time i thought the DD-7 was Really good...........Whoever i was talkin to my Apologies.
Quote by BGSM
NOT EVEN CLOSE.

ok, you're taking it a bit too far the other way, if I'm understanding you correctly. the nova is very very good, but there's quite some space between it and "the best delay ever" which btw is an incredibly subjective debate!

before we even discuss particular models, do we agree on analog? digital? tape?

of course we don't! because they each have their uses. for a lot of clean work, I like to have a nice slap back digital delay with great A/D/A, but my favorite is a great warm analog like the maxon AD999. a very good argument can be made for tape delays like Fulltone's.

It's important that we stay moderate in our objective portrayals of delays, amongst other things, due to their inherrent subjective nature. That said, to give your opinion, which is what I believe BGSM to be doing here, is perfectly acceptable; however, it would be greatly beneficial to the rest of us if you would list the other (in this case) delays that you are comparing with.

vote for me!
What I was saying is to the guy that said that the Nova Delay is the best delay out there. Obviously he wants a nice digital delay, and the Time Factor would beat it handsdown. There's no doubt delay is purely subjective though, everyones tastes are completely different with delays. I like a really vintage, darkish, short sounding delay, and someone else might like bright ones, for example.
Quote by BGSM
everyones tastes are completely different with delays. I like a really vintage, darkish, short sounding delay, and someone else might like bright ones, for example.

I like to have both.

And out of the two the OP asked about I'd go for the Repeater, or shoot for a Timefactor.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by BGSM
What I was saying is to the guy that said that the Nova Delay is the best delay out there. Obviously he wants a nice digital delay, and the Time Factor would beat it handsdown. There's no doubt delay is purely subjective though, everyones tastes are completely different with delays. I like a really vintage, darkish, short sounding delay, and someone else might like bright ones, for example.

I respectfully disagree. I've owned both

I find the Time Factor to sound much more sterile than my Nova Delay (I've owned a LOT of delay pedals, and I don't post a NPD thread everytime I buy or trade). Sure it may have more features, but the sound/ ease of use isnt there. I ended up going back to the Nova Delay (tho I also have a DL4 and a vintage DD2 for other reasons)

For your two choices Nova Repeater. If you need a looper, buy a good looper

Quote by BGSM
NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Also respectfully disagree. The That's Echo Folks is basically a copy of the GGG PT80 delay. Its good, but theres MUCH better units, analog and digital, available for cheaper prices. That being said, its paint scheme is pretty dank!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Last edited by Bloodshed at Sep 29, 2009,
speaking of oinker delays, what are other peoples' thoughts on the pigtronics "echolution" ?

I know what i heard, but i'm still not sure just what i think... opinions welcome!
Quote by nightraven
excuse me?

PT80 is a digital delay. both are designed to sound like the ad-80/dm-2/aqua puss. i have no idea where the myth that TEF was a clone came from, but it's wrong.
and anyway, most analogue delay pedals out there are clones

but i'll agree it's definitely overpriced, but i got mine for a bargain so it's worth every last cent

and the latest software update has improved the sound quality of the TF by a lot.

Thats cool man. I think I remembered reading that it was a PT80 clone on freestompboxes or something. I realize most analog delays, or on a more basic level most pedals are clones in some capacity. At least you got yours for cheapsies. I do know for a fact that several of the MG pedals (McMuffFeliz, Crunsh and another) were actually built on GGG circuit boards for a while. Nothing is wrong with this, even JD Sleep from GGG says its fine by him if pedal builders use his stuff provided they give credit. I just cant see myself paying 300 dollars for something I could do for 70ish dollars and a quiet afternoon sipping beer and melting metal.

I havent tried a Timefactor in a few months, but I think I'm fine delaywise. Once I get my second board I will have 4 delays on it (Nova, DL4, DD2, Ross Stereo Delay) and I will be golden
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge