hey guys!
I'm pretty new to UG, so I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to post this.
anyhow, is anybody familiar with kind of "dead" periods of no learning? where you don't feel motivated to learn any new songs that require patience, even though it's within your capability and stuff - and just play the stuff that you know till you don't know what to play anymore? I just went through it myself, I'm trying to get back into it again, and I just wanted to see if anybody can relate to this
I'm like that with alot of things, for instance I used to write all the time, now I just don't want to at all

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Yes. Happens all the time. What I generally do is take a break from guitar for a while. Start listening to some new stuff to get inspired and all. Then when I actually like a song, I pick up my guitar and start playing again. Sometimes, when I don't have any inspiration, I just pick up a pop song and try to rehash it in my style and all. Basically, take an existing song and make it my own. Try either of the two techniques.
Quote by Heminator89
Yes. Happens all the time. What I generally do is take a break from guitar for a while. Start listening to some new stuff to get inspired and all. Then when I actually like a song, I pick up my guitar and start playing again. Sometimes, when I don't have any inspiration, I just pick up a pop song and try to rehash it in my style and all. Basically, take an existing song and make it my own. Try either of the two techniques.

Some of the best advice I've heard in a long time.
ah it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one, thanks! sounds like good advice too