I'm so so insecure with talented people.. specially those who are versatille(can sing and dance) i dont if how i am going to achieve my dream to become a talented individual .. .. give some advice.. thanks mates
Quote by greenoz
I'm so so insecure with talented people.. specially those who are versatille(can sing and dance) i dont if how i am going to achieve my dream to become a talented individual .. .. give some advice.. thanks mates

Just commit yourself to whatever you want to do. Far too many people give up. When you want to give up tell yourself no and push yourself further than you thought possible.
I'm talented at WWII strategy games. King Of Blitzkrieg '09.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Pick a specific thing you want to be talented in, and learn to do it?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
it looks like unless youre a pro talents don't count for sh*t once you're done with school and college and pubs and clubs and all that, how many kids picked up guitars in the 70s and now how many 50 year olds do you see cranking them up? it's kind of disproportional
seriously, it's a far too common misconception that talent is given and can't be learned, sure a good set of genes will help, but as long as you commit to doing something and becoming good at it, then you can achieve it. It's not like talented people don't need practice, they might need a little less but everyone needs to practise. So if you want to be talented then you should start with practising, a lot. Good luck with it and don't give up!
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Quote by Flipje
seriously, it's a far too common misconception that talent is given and can't be learned, sure a good set of genes will help, but as long as you commit to doing something and becoming good at it, then you can achieve it. It's not like talented people don't need practice, they might need a little less but everyone needs to practise. So if you want to be talented then you should start with practising, a lot. Good luck with it and don't give up!

thanks for this
Talent is a natural thing, you either have it or you don't, BUT skills can be learned. For example, Cezanne, a very famous painter - he couldn't paint for crap naturally, but he persevered and learned techniques and skills and painted some seriously awesome pictures. I love his work.

If something really isn't for you, don't force yourself to do it - pick something you enjoy, regardless of your natural skill, and keep at it, keep practising, and don't let people put you down. Most people who are "good" at something have been doing it for years and years and working hard at it. Good luck, and don't give up
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Talent can't be learned. That's the definition, it not learned. What you're talking about is hard work. That being said, most talented people don't work very hard, and don't go very far because of it. And yes, hard work can produce similar results to talent when you mix in dedication.
Talent can't be learned. That's the definition, it not learned. What you're talking about is hard work. That being said, most talented people don't work very hard, and don't go very far because of it. And yes, hard work can produce similar results to talent when you mix in dedication.

Really?
Quote by PrideDemon
Just commit yourself to whatever you want to do. Far too many people give up. When you want to give up tell yourself no and push yourself further than you thought possible.

That´s actually a pretty good advice.

If you want to be the best the nyou have to work hard.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

it doesn't matter mate, just kkep practicing at what you you love. It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, its what you think that counts =)
Key gear:
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gary Moore (Lemon Burst)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)
BC Rick Mockingbird ST (Red Quilt)
Laney IronHeart 60 watt head w/4x12 cab
Boss V-Wah
just depends...if you have aids...you're talented !!!!!! i must be talented then
Last edited by liam2309 at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by Flipje

If you learn it, it's not really talent; you're talking about skill

Other than that, good advice. TS, even if you're like me and have no natural talents whatsoever, that doesn't mean you can't learn to be awesome at something
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.