So, I'm terribad at small talk, and I'm going into town today with someone and I don't want the whole thing to be awkward... any ideas on how to bring up a conversation and drag it along?
I have no idea how old you are, but if you're in post-secondary/ out out high school, and already know the person..

"so what do you go to school for?"
or "where do you work"

furure plans and such..
common interests usually come up from there, and away you go
SO HOW ABOUT THAT WEATHER.

It works

EVERYTIME.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
I have an 11 inch penis.

Around.

Think about it.

... and that's just about all you have to say. From here on actions speak louder than words.
It's not that hard, you just need to be able to crack jokes and talk about things you have in common with them. I don't really think it's something you can learn to be honest, you've just gotta try.
Quote by aaciseric
It's not that hard, you just need to be able to crack jokes and talk about things you have in common with them. I don't really think it's something you can learn to be honest, you've just gotta try.

Crack jokes but not ****ing puns or any bad humor jokes.

IE NO DEAD BABY OR RACIST JOKES.

Kthx.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
talk about mutual friends and stupid things theyve done
then you get the whole ball rolling on both of you exchanging funny stories about people you know

This, or if you fail at stories quietly make fun of random passers-by
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by Syndromity
Crack jokes but not ****ing puns or any bad humor jokes.

IE NO DEAD BABY OR RACIST JOKES.

Kthx.

Very true. If you see a dying baby then you definately shouldn't make a joke. Just bad taste. And unless you're Tim Vine you should definately stay away from puns. Unless you use them in a sort of ironic way, but if you're struggling with small talk then that might be a bit complicated until you get the basics down.