Okay everyody, I've been searching, and only found one things that tickles my fancy, so I was hoping you guys could help.

Here's the list of info that you guys will need:

-I'm in America
-I'm playing metal (Prog, death, groove)
-I'd prefer to go new
-I'd like to spend somewhere in $600-$700, but if I have to, I can go up to $1,000
-NOT an Ibanez, please

Now, for what I'm looking for in a guitar, is this:

-Super-Strat body style
-Mahogany or Alder body will work
-Set or set-through neck
-NO tremolo, preferably string through
-Thin neck
-24 frets, 25.5' scale
-Either Maple or Ebony fretboard
-No dot inlays, please
-No pickup preference, as long as they're not crap
-Preferably red or black (But other colors would be okay), either solid, or flamed/quilted
-Knobs don't really matter, as long as there is at least 1 tone and volume
-Three-way selector switch

The only thing I've found is this: http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/vex_nv.html

I think that should be everything, or at least, everything that I remember. If I think of anything else, I'll let you guys know. (I know, I'm super knit picky)

Thanks everyone!
Sounds like you'd like a Schecter. I don't really like them so I couldn't suggest any specific models, but they're great. Their necks are thicker than Ibanez though.

Any specific reason you don't like Ibanez?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Esp/LTD Mh400nt or MH1000. Comes with Duncan JB/59 set.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by SMB13

-Super-Strat body style
-Mahogany or Alder body will work
-Set or set-through neck
-NO tremolo, preferably string through
-Thin neck
-24 frets, 25.5' scale
-Either Maple or Ebony fretboard
-No dot inlays, please
-No pickup preference, as long as they're not crap
-Preferably red or black (But other colors would be okay), either solid, or flamed/quilted
-Knobs don't really matter, as long as there is at least 1 tone and volume
-Three-way selector switch

The only thing I've found is this: http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/vex_nv.html

I think that should be everything, or at least, everything that I remember. If I think of anything else, I'll let you guys know. (I know, I'm super knit picky)

Thanks everyone!

DUDE
MH-401QMNT
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH401NT-ELECTRIC-GUITAR?sku=520114
Quote by Guitar2theface
Sounds like you'd like a Schecter. I don't really like them so I couldn't suggest any specific models, but they're great. Their necks are thicker than Ibanez though.

Any specific reason you don't like Ibanez?

Well, I wasn't a big fan to start, but after playing one for awhile, I realized that they have waaay too much hype and don't deliver. There was just something about it that I really didn't like.

Also, how thick are Shecter necks? As long as it's not like a Baseball bat (preferably something similar to my LTD EC-1000), it should be good.

Quote by Metallica1294

Hmm... I like that. The only thing I have a beef with is the Rosewood fretboard, but I can put up with that. I wonder why I didn't see it when I looked at the ESP website

EDIT: Looked at the C-1 Classic, and that thing is sexy! Anyone have any experience with it?
Last edited by SMB13 at Sep 28, 2009,
I find Schecter necks to be thinner than Fender necks but just a very little bit thicker than ESP/LTD's, but it's barely noticeable. the C-1 classic is a beautiful guitar and it's not just all looks either, it performas amazingly and can get very diverse. but i believe it has rosewood as a fretboard. but the Schecter Blackjack ATX has an ebony board and SD blackouts (actives) which are pretty versatile as well.

just wish Biga29 was here, we'd be able to go on for days about Schecters and their specs and playability and stuff like that.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
The Schecter C-1 Classic is a beauty. If I had the cash to drop I would get one of those in a second. It plays nice, I have tried it a few times at shops.

That LTD is also a good choice. I have an LTD F-200 right now which is a pretty basic model of theirs but it still plays really good.
Quote by jfreyvogel
The Schecter C-1 Classic is a beauty. If I had the cash to drop I would get one of those in a second. It plays nice, I have tried it a few times at shops.

That LTD is also a good choice. I have an LTD F-200 right now which is a pretty basic model of theirs but it still plays really good.

Yeah, I've never been disappointed with an LTD.

If I can figure out how thin the neck feels, I think I might go with the Schecter though.
Try going to a Guitar Center, I know they stock Schecters. I can't remember if Sam Ash or Daddy's Junky Music does. I feel like I looked at Sam Ash once for the C-1 and they didn't have any Schecters. That was a while ago though so maybe they will carry them now.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-DKMGT-Dinky-Electric-Guitar--2008-Model--512241-i1147632.gc
here's a jackson DKMGT. It fits all of your needs.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C-1-Artist-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar-104143375-i1149930.gc
Here's a schecter c-1. The neck is little bit thinner than a fender, as said. Though if you want a neck like your ec-1000, you may not want it, because the fret wires are a lot smaller than those on esp s (esp s have huge ones)
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Quote by distortion896
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-DKMGT-Dinky-Electric-Guitar--2008-Model--512241-i1147632.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C-1-Artist-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar-104143375-i1149930.gc
Here's a schecter c-1. The neck is little bit thinner than a fender, as said. Though if you want a neck like your ec-1000, you may not want it, because the fret wires are a lot smaller than those on esp s (esp s have huge ones)

idk if you've noticed or not, but Schecters have a lot of models in the C-1 shape. thats just one of the many C-1's.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by distortion896

I was originally looking into the Jackson, but it has a bolt-on

And the fret wire wouldn't really bother me, I can adjust to that, but the neck thickness is what may be a bother to me. As long as it's as thin (or close to it), I'll be fine with it
Quote by SMB13
I was originally looking into the Jackson, but it has a bolt-on

And the fret wire wouldn't really bother me, I can adjust to that, but the neck thickness is what may be a bother to me. As long as it's as thin (or close to it), I'll be fine with it

yeah, the Schecter necks are just slightly thicker than ESP/LTD's. but just slightly. I almost didn't notice a difference.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
yeah, the Schecter necks are just slightly thicker than ESP/LTD's. but just slightly. I almost didn't notice a difference.

Then I think I know my decision
Quote by SMB13
Then I think I know my decision

good, but I still highly recomend you go to a shop and try many models of guitars and many brands. we can point you in the right direction, but it's you that makes the final say. I'm still going to recomend the Schecter C-1 Classic or the Blackjack ATX.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
good, but I still highly recomend you go to a shop and try many models of guitars and many brands. we can point you in the right direction, but it's you that makes the final say. I'm still going to recomend the Schecter C-1 Classic or the Blackjack ATX.

Yup, I understand. I was just looking for ideas, so I think this weekend I'm going to head down to the shop
Quote by SMB13
Yup, I understand. I was just looking for ideas, so I think this weekend I'm going to head down to the shop

cool. just look at everything, feel, play, and determine what you really want. oh, and playing through the same or similar amp thatt you own helps too.
Quote by pedromiles101