So im looking for good and of course cheap top end basses (500 euros or lower) Can you guys recommend me anything?
EDIT: it must be 5 string!
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Last edited by Gessu at Sep 28, 2009,
Peavey are good.
What genres you lookin to play?
I recommend going to your local shop and trying out everything in your price range.
I personally would never buy a bass without playing it first, its a risky investment.
I play death,tech death,thrash and black metal. I want top end because i like clanky sound. And i forgot to tell that it MUST be 5 string
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Spector-Legend-Classic-5String-Bass?sku=517436

I played this bass two days ago in a Sam Ash, good amount of clack (set up does that i know, but it pulled it off well imo), the EQ could add a good chunk of treble and bass and the bridge pickup has a natural presence.

If you ever consider changing pickups, the EMG 40DCs are supposed to boost lows and highs for a generally great metal kind of tone.

Definitely take whatever is suggested here to any local shops to see what you think.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by Thegian
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Spector-Legend-Classic-5String-Bass?sku=517436

I played this bass two days ago in a Sam Ash, good amount of clack (set up does that i know, but it pulled it off well imo), the EQ could add a good chunk of treble and bass and the bridge pickup has a natural presence.

If you ever consider changing pickups, the EMG 40DCs are supposed to boost lows and highs for a generally great metal kind of tone.

Definitely take whatever is suggested here to any local shops to see what you think.

Ok, that looks fine. I will try to find it in any local shops and of course i will look for others too.
Any other ideas?
maybe ibanez? their top end range is pretty good for metal. also, i've heard good things from spector and ESP. check out your favourite bassists, and see what they use.
Try looking around your area for small shops that might have a good amount of used instruments. Buying used is a great way to get top-notch instruments at more realistic prices, just thoroughly go over the bass first to make sure its in good condition.