When Death Growling (And I understand this is natural to all who start doing this) Im starting to experience something similar to a sore throat. Its more like a sore muscle, than the kind of sore throat you get with a Cold.

Im only 16, and Im smart enough to stop when something starts hurting. This is natural to the growling process, So im going to lay off growling for a while until it stops. Im drinking Plenty of water when I Practice this, and Im not going over the top with it yet.

What Im really wondering is if there is anything I can do to Stop the soreness or make it pass quicker, besides cough drops, Gargling Salt water, and Oral Anastesia.

Ice? Massage? Doctor?

BTW, the Vocal Style im doing is various between Dethklok, Death, Nile, and Arsis, so Ive been experimenting. I understand it takes time, so Im willing to wait all it takes.
Growling thread.

Check the first page then if you still have questions post them in there.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Last edited by eazy-c at Sep 28, 2009,
Just stop when it hurts and keep practising, took me a month but I got to a point where it didn't hurt anymore
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Pain when growling means you're doing it wrong. It shouldn't hurt, I had to change my technique like 4 times before I found a good sounding growl which didn't cause pain or irritability.
Quote by AlexiIbanez
Pain when growling means you're doing it wrong. It shouldn't hurt, I had to change my technique like 4 times before I found a good sounding growl which didn't cause pain or irritability.

This.

http://www.wikihow.com/Growl take look at this website too... It maybe useful
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Growling Thread....
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Quote by Gessu
http://www.wikihow.com/Growl take look at this website too... It maybe useful

first thing it says, "make sure that your vocal chords are fully matured (or you're older than 16-17 years of age)"

woahwoahwoah, I'm only 15. should I stop growling?
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
first thing it says, "make sure that your vocal chords are fully matured (or you're older than 16-17 years of age)"

Nah, don't worry about it. As long as you warm up beforehand you should be fine.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
haha ok, cause I've been growling for several months now, and that little part kind of scared me

Sumdeus
Of course i could not know what the hell i'm talking about

Ask king of kuchumba or severd survival, they'll know.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by AlexiIbanez

Completely wrong. Pain will always come when your starting out. Push harder past the pain, don't stop when it starts hurting. Eventually the pain will go away.
Quote by romencer17
haha ok, cause I've been growling for several months now, and that little part kind of scared me

As long as your voice has become deeper, if your a "late bloomer" I suggest you stop, otherwise its alright
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Last edited by Guitar_Kingdom at Sep 28, 2009,
growling thread
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
As long as your voice has become deeper, if your a "late bloomer" I suggest you stop, otherwise its alright

I think I'm in the clear then.

Sumdeus
I can't growl.... It angers me. I have to turn to random people online to do **** for me.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
Push harder past the pain

...you have no idea what you're talking about pushing harder will only cause more damage.
Quote by romencer17

Your voice may go bad if you start young...
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.