saw this video on wimp.com and figured id share it, i think its dope a **** personally. anyone know what kind of paint that is by any chance? cause i would love to do that to a guitar!

http://wimp.com/swirlart/
It's not the paint that it special, it is a solution added to the water to stop them from combining. I can't remember what it is called but you can look up some step by step guides on swirling, they can turn out pretty fantastic if you follow the rules.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

It's literally called a 'swirl' finish.

Check out the Jem DNA's, a limited run made of Jems, with this swirl idea...they mixed the paint in with Steve Vai's blood (No joke).
all you need to see is right here

http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitars1.html

check through all the pages, vai has done swirls on lots of them
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Thats awesome thanks for sharing that. I always wondered how they did that. I saw a blue, light blue and white swirl on a guitar a year or so ago, think it was made for some artist down in Australia? Anyways if anyone knows what I'm talking about and can post a photo I'd appreciate it. The guitar was either a JEM or had a Strat body I can't remember exactly now.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by Mazzakazza
It's literally called a 'swirl' finish.

Check out the Jem DNA's, a limited run made of Jems, with this swirl idea...they mixed the paint in with Steve Vai's blood (No joke).

yes, tis is true.
steve poured a pint (or more i think) of his blood the the JEMDNA "swirl" paint mixture.

TS, its pretty easy to make. im trying to do that to my Starcaster but i dont have the funds/time to do it.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me