I normally play on .9-.42 strings and in standard tuning, but I was going to go to .10-.52 and tune guitar a whole step down.

Would I need to get the truss rod ****ed around with for this, and how much would a guitar shop (likely) charge (gbp) to do it?
it depends on your neck how much it will move when u change strings, but it won't change too much at all. so no not really.

anyways, you can adjust the trussrod yourself. it's easy.
I don't trust myself lol.

Whats the worst that would happen if I didnt adjust it?
The worst that could happen? Probably fret buzz. Seriously, the truss rod is given way too much exxageration and thought. It's there to support your neck. You can tighten it to flatten the neck, and vice versa.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by DarXyde
I normally play on .9-.42 strings and in standard tuning, but I was going to go to .10-.52 and tune guitar a whole step down.

Would I need to get the truss rod ****ed around with for this, and how much would a guitar shop (likely) charge (gbp) to do it?

you might not even need an adjustment.

if you get buzz then click the green link in my sig, and i'll talk you through raising the bridge a little first.

also, swap one string at a time, and if you've got a trem bridge expect a little movement down there. (edit: when i say "down there" i mean at the bridge.)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011