Hello GG&A, I have a question or two.

Im thinking about buying a Digitech RP1000. I have watched a bunch of youtube videos and read a bunch of online reviews and they all seem to say its great. But what I want to know is this, how does it hold up against other MEPs? Is it better than the Zoom G9.2tt? I know that one has the fastest switching and has a 32bit processor instead of 24bit but does it have the ability to NOT have amp and cabinet simulations?

So some things to compare that I like about the RP1000 are,
1. Bypass Preamp sim.
2. Bypass Cabinet sim.
3. Effects loop connections to put effects before/after preamp.
4. 5 preset switching with ability to turn on/off individual effects in that preset independently.
5. Tuner.
6. Solid metal construction.
7. Expression pedal.

So what other MEPs have the features that I listed and are just as good or better?

Thanks in advance
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Last edited by CemetaryGates90 at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by CemetaryGates90
Hello GG&A, I have a question or two.

Im thinking about buying a Digitech RP1000. I have watched a bunch of youtube videos and read a bunch of online reviews and they all seem to say its great. But what I want to know is this, how does it hold up against other MEPs? Is it better than the Zoom G9.2tt? I know that one has the fastest switching and has a 32bit processor instead of 24bit but does it have the ability to NOT have amp and cabinet simulations?

So some things to compare that I like about the RP1000 are,
1. Bypass Preamp sim.
2. Bypass Cabinet sim.
3. Effects loop connections to put effects before/after preamp.
4. 5 preset switching with ability to turn on/off individual effects in that preset independently.
5. Tuner.
6. Solid metal construction.
7. Expression pedal.

So what other MEPs have the features that I listed and are just as good or better?

Thanks in advance

Boss GT-8
Boss GT-10
Line6 XT live
Line6 X3
GNX-4
Line6 XT
Line6 XT PRO + midi board
Axe-FX + midi board
Boss GT PRo + midi board

From the top of my head
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 28, 2009,
Pod x3 live does all that and its cheaper and you can have 2 amps at once...plus the models are better ... its just better lol i got one and im prob bias tho

Edit

Looking at it it does seem like a versitile piece of kit...but whats the point if the models sound bad plus its not the best looking thing.
Last edited by Orethor at Sep 28, 2009,
I went with the or better on that one

(taking advantage of ambiguous grammar)
WTLTL 2011