Hey everyone, I need help on the best way to take my paper templates, and make them wood ones. The idea I had was glue them down on the wood or whatever medium I use, and then cut it out like that. But I feel like there might be a better way. Thanks in advance.
I just cut the outline out, not too close to the actual markings though (Usually just a mm or two outside), then tape it onto the wood, then make really thick pencil outlines of that.
Quote by Baby Joel
I just cut the outline out, not too close to the actual markings though (Usually just a mm or two outside), then tape it onto the wood, then make really thick pencil outlines of that.

this, but use the side of the lead (as if you're shading something in) to completely colour the back of the paper first.

so that when you tape it down and put pressure on the lines with your pencil, the lead on the back of the paper gets rubbed off onto the wood

edit: actually, you dont have to completely cover the back .. just where theres lines to be traced. but ..you get the idea..
I used the same method as Jason, works fine.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
make a copy of your paper template at kinkos on their full size copier. then use spray adhesive and put the photocopy on the wood for your template. I like to then score the paper so that when I sand to final dimensions, the waste paper comes off clean and does not fuzz.
Metal Matt's template thread?
Online stuff?
Draw your own?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
On the idea of the drawing on the back of the paper...
You can buy some special graphite paper, which when pressing down with an object such as a pencil leaves a mark.
I guarantee this method is greater than rubbing a pencil on the back of your tracing lines.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
On the idea of the drawing on the back of the paper...
You can buy some special graphite paper, which when pressing down with an object such as a pencil leaves a mark.
I guarantee this method is greater than rubbing a pencil on the back of your tracing lines.

that works, too..

making your own graphite paper's just the way we did it when I took woodshop and art in high school
i'd glue the paper like someone else mentioned. hit kinkos and make a few copies just in case somethin goes wrong or you like it and wanna make more.
Quote by james4
that works, too..

making your own graphite paper's just the way we did it when I took woodshop and art in high school

You mae it yourself? When I used it, it was just there... Well, it did havewords such as penis on it 500 times...
..I was watching my death.
dang, i thort someone was gonna make a paper guitar... i guess someone else will have to make it... aheheh.

and thanks blind, your allways advertizing my thread, heheh
i should add it to my sig... i guess ill do that tomoro.

anyway, would it be posible to make a guitar from paper? if you got ALOT of news papers, somewhat shreded them, then covered that in glue, then put it in a mold, then maybe put that mold in a vacum seal or something... you could have somekinda "block" of paper...

i guess its kinda like the concrete guitars... tho i should link this awesome tut i saw on how to buff concrete till it shines like crazy!

anywho, back to you!
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.