Page 1 of 3
What do you think of female singers in rock/metal bands? Do you think they fit with heavy guitars and drums? Do you prefer male or female vocalists in rock/metal bands?

I think a lot of rock/metal bands use female singers because there arent enough great male vocalists. I didnt like any until i heard Aghora recently
I think they are great. Girlschool, Patti Smith, Joan Jett, Elastica, Vixen and Lita Ford being examples I can quickly think of.
Just like blokes, women can be good or bad.
All depends on the girl, and the band she's in.
Brody Dalle is good, and Haley Williams is getting surprisingly better.
I love Flyleaf.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Meh.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
i dont discriminate. if the singer sux, they suck. i dont care bout gender. theres plenty of good female singers. but theres just not nearly as many to choose from as there are males. I wish there were more female singers that would actually step up and try and be famous
Quote by biga29
I love Flyleaf.

They were horrible when I saw them

OT: Its good for the industry. In other words they prevent it from being a total sausage fest.
one of my favorite bands, Skillet, has a male singer as the lead singer however they have female backing vocals and i love that. Their drummer, Jen Ledger, has a great voice and really adds a new dimension to their music.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
I don't feel they fit in with the rock genres well enough. I may like 1 or 2 songs by female vocalists, never enough to make me buy the albums.
Quote by Shinobi1791

Damn you Sludge Metal community! We want Trent Reznor back.
I dont, sorry for being sexist. IMO they sound whiny or something unexplainable, much like emo bands. I've heard some good ones though.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
Nightwish, Epica, Lacuna Coil and Arch Enemy all good bands all with female singers.
arch enemy <3
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
I like them usually. I dont consider them as equal to male singers. WOAH now, I dont mean that in a bad way. I just mean that there's a certain style to when the vocalist is female. Just the same as if its male. Its not better or worse, just different. Different is good.
Currently Looking For:
NES: Zelda (Gold Cart), Metroid, Ninja Turtles Series
N64: Mario 64, Majora's Mask, Harvest Moon

= win imo!
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Generally I prefer male singers in heavier bands, but its male dominated... so, its really just based on the singer themselves, not their gender.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by ComradSputnik

It doesn't get any better than skunk anansie imo

Going to see them in November.
generally think men are more suited to rock music, but that doesnt mean their arnt great female singers.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Im not a huge fan (although i like female backing vocals, especially in the Pixies and Smashing Pumpkins)

Crass and Sonic Youth have good female lead vocals though.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by TrabenBassist22
one of my favorite bands, Skillet, has a male singer as the lead singer however they have female backing vocals and i love that. Their drummer, Jen Ledger, has a great voice and really adds a new dimension to their music.

their name puts me off. reminds me of mullet.
Quote by lucertia.
their name puts me off. reminds me of mullet.

It's only one letter away from skullet
Imogen ****ing heap.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
A good singer is a good singer.
Granted, there are strengths and weaknesses: a woman might sound funny singing Beck's Dark Star, but a man would sound just as funny trying to sing stuff by the Cranberries.

On the other side, a woman would probably sound great singing some Buckley stuff.
Page 1 of 3