So I wanted to buy the ESP LTD ec-1000 in vintage black, and was wondering if it is a better idea to save up the extra $500-600 for the ESP Eclipse. They look almost exactly with same and feel pretty much the same, so is it worth it?
No, the best idea is to get a Eclipse second hand fo rthe same money as the EC. The real ESP's remain alot better then the LTD's.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Difference is like Gibson/Epiphone. They're not necessarily bad instruments, but the build procedure, quality, and parts are usually different.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
ESP way better then LTD
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
It's usually worth it, yes. But it has to be worth it to you. If the two instruments look, feel, and sound the same to you, it might not be worth the extra cost just for the name. At the same time, you might buy the cheaper one and in a few years come to regret your decision when you realize that the small differences in quality and construction actually make a big difference in the long run. Just judging from the LTDs and ESPs I've played, I'd save up for the ESP.
Ok thanks, I've been looking for used ESP's, they're kind of hard to come by.
You'll still pay a premium for a used ESP and on some models can still be way more than a brand new LTD. I'm a ferocious bargain hunter and the price I paid for a used ESP STEF B-7 is way more than the similar and brand new LTD SC-607B. There are differences as mentioned but they can be pretty small as far as tone and playability are concerned (referring to the used STEF B-7 and used SC-607B I have).

Quote by Erik_Aero
So I wanted to buy the ESP LTD ec-1000 in vintage black, and was wondering if it is a better idea to save up the extra $500-600 for the ESP Eclipse. They look almost exactly with same and feel pretty much the same, so is it worth it?

I personally think the ESP looks a lot better. The binding on the LTD 1000 series is gaudy for my tastes, and I think the ESP's are a bit thicker, aren't they? Either way, if I was that close, I'd get the ESP personally.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
ESP LTD uses cheaper woods and labor to build their guitars. A real ESP is leaps and bounds ahead.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by strat0blaster
Difference is like Gibson/Epiphone. They're not necessarily bad instruments, but the build procedure, quality, and parts are usually different.

This. Quality in wood, parts, etc. will be a little ways apart, and I'm pretty sure they're made in different factories.